Chain Gang Handicap Race

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Soarerv8

Über Member
middle for diddle sounds good but entirely up to you . really looking forward to it !
Just make sure you wave when you go by

OP
OP
gbrown

gbrown

Geoff on Bkool
I've recorded a little video to show the starting procedure for the Handicap race

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gjmbx89e1lktk5h/Bkool Indoor 03_02_16 16_30_24.mp4?dl=0

Please ignore the Warning dialog after entering the password, as it was recorded on a computer without the ANT+ dongle, you shouldn't see this.

The Video shows selecting the live tab, applying handicap in the advanced filter to find the session, seeing the time underway counter and entering the password, then Clicking No to start the session when the underway counter gets to your handicap (in this case 15.0 minutes).

Geoff

Last edited:
OP
OP
gbrown

gbrown

Geoff on Bkool
One thing to bear in mind, when you search for the live session you have to look for handicap or chase (as it has to be part of the session name. I have updated the instructions to reflect this!

Chain Gang Handicap Race

Thanks for the prompt Adam.

Geoff

Alfie_Gooner

Would i be able to join this race tonight?

I have not enetered any rides so far on the chaingang group so this will be my first "outing" so to speak.

I am rated at fitness level Amateur Level 9 but don't have any times for this ride as i have never done it before, so will i just turn up at 8pm and join from there?

Any help appreciated for a mere chaingang virgin........

OP
OP
gbrown

gbrown

Geoff on Bkool
Would i be able to join this race tonight?

I have not enetered any rides so far on the chaingang group so this will be my first "outing" so to speak.

I am rated at fitness level Amateur Level 9 but don't have any times for this ride as i have never done it before, so will i just turn up at 8pm and join from there?

Any help appreciated for a mere chaingang virgin........

You're very welcome Alfie.

Amateur 9 is good fitness level, you definitely shouldn't be starting at 8pm! The Handicap system means the faster riders start later, if you read through the instructions at the start of this thread here Chain Gang Handicap Race and watch this video https://www.dropbox.com/s/gjmbx89e1lktk5h/Bkool Indoor 03_02_16 16_30_24.mp4?dl=0 you should get a good idea how to jump in at the appropriate Start Time.

As you complete handicap sessions, we get a better idea of your potential and tune your Handicap, so for the first run we have to guess where to start you, without giving you an unfair advantage or disadvantage.

I suggest we start you mid table, how about starting with Insomnia (Amateur 5) at 9 mins 30 secs Underway (i.e. roughly 8:09:30 pm)?

Geoff

Alfie_Gooner

Thanks Geoff, thats great and 20:09 hrs and 30 seconds will be fine.........will just make sure i don't have a big tea tonight .....lol

Top Bottom