Scotland : Argyll, Isles & Loch Lomond Chat for CC Ecosse Islay Cycle Tour 2014

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
Culicoides impunctatus is also my primary reason for not wanting to do a Hebridean camping tour between April-August.[/U][/I][/B] Gill and I walked a corner of the Kintyre Way either last year or the one before and the entire time we were putting up and tearing down the tent was primarily spent swatting, swearing, running away from the tent and spraying ourselves ineffectually with midge repellent.

September is also a bad idea, for different reasons.

Troll?? Harsh, considering your comment above...

Last edited:

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
All fair points, though I did say it was just a work in progress and I think we have to be realistic to what (a) can be achieved in one weekend and (b) what is affordable and practical for the majority. My aim was always just to make it Islay, preferably by bike. I now realise the first ferry is impractical but I had to work backwards from arriving in Port Charlotte (the first plan had us arriving there about 10pm!) - and I have now starting looking into the possibility of staying on Arran for the first night (see previous post).

Anyway, though you weren't interested... ???

No worries @Fubar, you are doing a grand job :hugs: ... Please do carry on :thumbsup:.

@GlasgowFinn - any idea how many beds your pal's barn will have? Just thinking we mustn't overwhelm his generosity ... It looks like there is a fair bit of interest so far:hyper:

T

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
Anyone who sees any fault is @Fubar plan, I'm sure he wouldn't object to any alternatives being offered

...or post/devise their own trip - to be fair once we get to Islay anyone is free to do what they want and/or return home how they wish, or do what they want how they want at any other time!

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
...or post/devise their own trip - to be fair once we get to Islay anyone is free to do what they want and/or return home how they wish, or do what they want how they want at any other time!
... in fact, anyone can do any other tour, trip, ride, stay-at-home etc that they wish and even on the same dates ! Now, offers like that don't come round very often, so ... cut @Fubar some slack - he's trying to get a very interesting CC Ecosse mini-tour put together** and I for one think he is doing a pretty fine job of it ! :highfive:

Warning - I might even be tempted myself ... :huh:

**CC Ecosse Rule 4: NO DOODLE POLLS ! :laugh:

Troll?? Harsh, considering your comment above...
Ah, I see. Sorry! :blush:

When I wrote that post the thread was primarily focused on a camping tour, and midges absolutely would be a massive issue if camping anywhere in the west of Scotland at that time of year. I've no issue with a non-camping tour (so long as we're indoors well after sunrise and well before sunset).

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Ah, I see. Sorry! :blush:

When I wrote that post the thread was primarily focused on a camping tour, and midges absolutely would be a massive issue if camping anywhere in the west of Scotland at that time of year. I've no issue with a non-camping tour (so long as we're indoors well after sunrise and well before sunset).

Another 'cultured lady', that @Edwardoka ...:evil::giggle: Just like @Pat "5mph" and @Louch (sorry, couldn't resist :troll:smile:

T

Col5632

Guru
I'm defo up for this, the whole thing sounds great and something I've wanted to do for ages, would need to also clear it with the boss and put some pennies away for it.

Well done so far @Fubar, that's some work you have done already :thumbsup:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Well done so far @Fubar, that's some work you have done already :thumbsup:
Ah ! - the joys of holidays :wahhey:

... or 'working' when no one else is around ! :secret:

jazzkat

Fixed wheel fanatic.
I'm sorry but I'm going to have to bow out of this :sad:
The family holiday has been booked and it's the same weekend.
Hope you have a great time and the Scottish airforce aka midges, stay away:thumbsup:

OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
I'm sorry but I'm going to have to bow out of this :sad:
The family holiday has been booked and it's the same weekend.
Hope you have a great time and the Scottish airforce aka midges, stay away:thumbsup:

No worries, thanks for the interest.

Top Bottom