Chat Zone for The Big Big Trip Journal!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cwskas

Über Member
And coffee! I can reach out and touch the plants. I don't understand it but these are my "bliss" plants
Have you kept track of how many liters of coffee you have consumed? ^_^

May be the best street art yet!

a hotel with hot water, a place for Roccado . . . A hot shower . . . a busy grill restaurant. When I saw my plate arrive I knew just how right I was this morning - a great day!
I bet you slept well that night!

cwskas

Über Member
Celebratory street art Yacuanquer
Such a variety of style, clearly not just one artist.

In all directions there are "characters" heading towards the crib - some recognisable and others, very, very local. And lots of animals! A wonderful, child friendly display.
What interesting "characters". The design and painting of them is very interesting. Could you tell what they were made of? I especially like the "cuy on a spit".

Last edited:
It's always good to get notifications of multiple quotes^_^

So many good photos! It is hard to imagine what it was like it person!

It's hard to describe it!^_^

Have you kept track of how many liters of coffee you have consumed? ^_^
Jeez Willie! I can only keep track of my mileage because of the computer^_^

I've broken the 15,000km mark! It only took 26 months😊

I will say though, that I still have some blood in my coffee system!

What interesting "characters". The design and painting of them is very interesting. Could you tell what they were made of? I especially like the "cuy on a spit".
Willie! I'm clearly a foreigner and appreciate the welcome I usually receive in these places. I'm not about to risk getting run out of town by groping the statues!:laugh:

I'm pretty sure the cuy guy was plastic though^_^

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Catching up again ...
The things my mind will do when I'm climbing!^_^
Anything to stop for a rest photo op ! :thumbsup:
It seems like the clouds are crashing over them like waves on rocks on a stormy coastline
Ah :hyper: The poet romantic returns ! :biggrin: :hugs:
México had signs asking people to remove fallen rocks - a good habit I have acquired if a little dangerous
Could you ever see that working in UK/Europe ??? :eek:

Could you ever see that working in UK/Europe ??? :eek:

Actually, I could!

But remember....
Ah :hyper: The poet romantic returns ! :biggrin: :hugs:

When I see the usual rants about drivers on here (or cyclists elsewhere) I can't help but think that the solution to such aggro lies not in rules, enforcement and punishment but in changing attitudes.

If we give up on the idea that we can change then life is going to be pretty bad.

So, to turn the question around, why wouldn't it work?

I can only think of one reason - liability and insurance.

There are similar examples, though like organised litter picks, or cleaning sections of rivers and canals. Of course, they're organised, not spontaneous and wouldn't be necessary in the first place if people didn't litter.

Give it a hashtag #clearingrocks and connect to Instagram and Tiktok and away we go!^_^

Sorry, I'm not feeling very cynical these days^_^

Some of these are fantastic, really atmospheric and very different from some of the others we've seen.
Did you look at the small plaques next to them? Did they convey any useful details?
Can you not zoom in?
The boat one, at least, is legible (my favourite, of course^_^).

It's artist name, title and the technical details - ie what it is painted on.
And the "Museum open to the world"

I may be a crap tourist but I'm not a bad journalist😊

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
No words........
What stunning :dance: photographs ! Just breathtaking – and that's from here ! :hyper::hyper:
Now that's a waterfall!!
Or 2 ;) ... any idea of its height ? :scratch:
Moss overhanging the road. In real life this is spectacular!
Is there any evidence of the overhanging moss causing rockfalls – or is the road new enough that it's not an issue ?
I was home in Pedregal before the rain. Even this little place looked brighter and livelier
What a difference it makes to a town/village when the houses are painted bright colours ! :thumbsup:

But ....... I wonder how México would appear to me now with more improved Spanish?
Anyone got any ideas for a confused traveller ? :whistle:

Really loving your write-ups and tapping in to the joy, excitement and thrills you are experiencing. :hyper: :wahhey:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Yacuanquer. The characters in the Plaza brought a big smile to my wet face
The white paint on the base of the trees look (to me, at any rate ;)) like the trees are a big dog, with grey legs and white 'socks'/feet !
They don't appear to get snow in winter, according to WorldWeatherOnline. They do do rain, though ! :eek:
In all directions there are "characters" heading towards the crib
What it also has, which makes it spectacular in my opinion, are local characters - especially the guy making sugar cane juice.
What a lovely concept ... :thumbsup:
This one is outside someone's house.
Just wonderful – and so much more interesting, creative and skilful than a bunch of blow-up Santas on a roof !

Really enjoying your journey :bicycle: and your kindness in keeping us all in suspense ... :biggrin:

Top Bottom