Cheshire Cat 2010

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Holme Moss is not that bad..... as long as the wind isn't trying to blow you sideways its just a long steady pull, not that steep - head down bum up and just keep going.

Mow Cop is short and steep. Not my knees idea of fun.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Event Manual is now on-line. Looks pretty organised from what's in the manual.

8.00am - 10.00am registration
8.30am - 10.30am Start

Bike parking area, cyclist's breakfast (likely to be a charge for that, but as I'll be there early might pop in for 'seconds').

Out riders and Wiggle Mechanical Support

Svendo

Guru
I'm trying to download the GPX for my Garmin, when I click on the link I get a tab with XML code, rather than a download. Anyone know what to do with this to get it in my Garmin?

fossyant

Try 'save target as' - the site's buggered the link. You'll want to rename the gpx though.

Don't forget the route may change if any last minute road works.

Svendo

Guru
fossyant said:
Try 'save target as' - the site's buggered the link. You'll want to rename the gpx though.

Don't forget the route may change if any last minute road works.

Brilliant, that's worked a treat. Ta very much :laugh:

moolarb

looking forward to this - apart from Mow Cop

my training should get me through the rest of the ride OK

just hope it's not too wet...

deckingjim

Weather - Cheshire Cat

Hi

Just done search on Metcheck and weather looks horrendous - Snow
Cant beleive it as thought we were over the snow and getting better weather
If anyone knows of another weather forecast site that shows better outlook please let me know and try put a smile on my face

Hope it changes but not lookiong good :biggrin:

Cheers

James

Scattered showers on BBC/Met Office and on uk.weather.com

Plenty of time to change though
- two years ago the weather was horrendous on the Saturday, gales and driving rain, then the Sunday was great (although that 4x4 which drove through the puddle and drenched me from the waist down didn't improve my mood !)

moolarb

bike is in LBS today getting a 11-28 cassette fitted so at least I'll have one more gear to (hopefully) get me up Mow Cop!

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
It's been very mixed over this way lately, although the Sundays have tended to be nicer than the Saturdays, which hopefully bodes well!

moolarb

fossyant said:
tut tut, change it yourself. :smile:

I did try fitting the cassette myself and agree it's a doddle, but the chain was worn and needed to be longer for the 28 sprocket so I just put it in the LBS - I don't trust myself fitting a chain (or sizing it properly).

seth

Yeh know what you mean. Tactics on the day for me are get over the hills at my own pace then find some groups to get in on the return.

Hope the have espresso bar at the start!

fossyant

You can only ride hills at your own pace anyway, be it plodding or flying. I won't be looking to get in any group until we are out of the hills, and if the group isn't working, I'm not being the donkey, so I'll be off...

Weather forecast is changeable.

Top Bottom