Chinese cycle clothing.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
I have just spent a lovely forty five mins looking at team cycle clothing.I found via ebay then another route.Two chinese cycle sellers.Jersery and shorts as little as £26 too good to be true? Anyone bought any thing like this.The one i saw and fancied was a company named 4ucycling (i think) found a god Spesh jersey or a Scott combination.You know what they say if it looks too good its usually a fiddle.

So what are your thoughts on the quality.Fancy some more for xmas.

Wouldn't be surprised if they were made of an inferior quality fabric and gave off a terrible stench after only 15 minutes into the ride.

rockyraccoon

Veteran

counterfit clothing but I have to say they're fairly well made though, at least the one I have.

You want to know our thoughts on the quality and not about buying counterfeit and inferior items. So, this is my experience. I bought a team set (bib shorts and jersey) from a chinese seller on Ebay. Top seller until he was removed with 100% feedback (funny! Ebay allowed them to sell thousands before removing them). Anyway they arrived within 12 days and are worth every penny. The bib shorts come with coolmax pad (better than cheap shorts sold in UK e.g. sportsdirect) and they also come on smaller size.

The fabric is very thin and the quality is very inferior compared to genuine stuff so don't expect top end material. I'd definitely buy more.

rsvdaz

I have just spent a lovely forty five mins looking at team cycle clothing.I found via ebay then another route.Two chinese cycle sellers.Jersery and shorts as little as £26 too good to be true? Anyone bought any thing like this.The one i saw and fancied was a company named 4ucycling (i think) found a god Spesh jersey or a Scott combination.You know what they say if it looks too good its usually a fiddle.

have you a link?

Doug.

Veteran
Most of the cycle clothing one can buy at retail cycle shops is "made in China".

In my experience it is usually good quality and very good value.

The same (apart from the price) as is sold directly by the Chinese on_line.

The above also applies to the carbon frames and cycle parts the Chinese make.

I believe that most carbon cycles and components are sourced there then badged and painted to suit the "manufacturer"

Doug.

Veteran

Go ahead and treat your self I believe you will be pleasantly surprised.

Herzog

Swinglish Mountain Goat
Probably ~80% of all shop-bought non-food products in our houses come from China, or are composed of parts made in China.

jay clock

Massive member
I got some "BMC" kit and it is absolutely fine. £30 for bib shorts and shirt. Not Assos quality but perfectly ok for the money. My guilt is assuaged by the fact that the design i wanted is no longer made or available

From personal experience (not hear say) we bought some team bib shorts and top on Ebay from China (where I suspect the official ones are also made :whistle:) for a silly price and they turned up in time and look and fit very nicely. Already washed in washing machine a few times and they are absolutely fine, no loss of colour or elasticity.
The seller he used is tanhong_689 :thumbsup:

zizou

Veteran
Quality is similar to Aldi gear in my experience. Similar price to that gear too so not as big a bargain as it appears when compared to the official Nalini / Craft / Castelli branded team kit

Better value to be had in Decathlon IMO

I have 3 jerseys from Chinese sellers, quality is ok. Have had mine for a couple of years now and still going strong.

I did buy a pair of bib shorts too, but I wasnt as impressed by them. Pad was ok, but very poor fit.

Top Bottom