chinese roadie in LBS - disturbing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Uncle Mort said:
...and the archetype of South East Asia, David Carradine ;)

david-carradine.jpg

You mean David Carradice don't you Mort? Silly him to be 'saddled' with the Wrong name;)

That person's relative probably owns the factory that supplied 99% of all the carbon fibre bling in the shop bonj - he was there as a mystery shopper, seeing just how much the assistants knew...
...and, if you hadn't disappeared, you would have seen his whole outfit light up as dusk approached - no need for lights at all!

Clever these 'chinese'...:ohmy:

Noodley

Uncle Mort said:
...and the archetype of South East Asia, David Carradine :ohmy:

david-carradine.jpg

He looks confused. Is that a bike shop he's standing outside...waiting for kindly bonj to offer a helping hand.

And bonj has still not told us in what way he offered help. I bet he didn't.

Arch

Married to Night Train
bonj said:
because he may be more naive, may not understand the country as well, may not understand the language, is keen to take advice on what the local customs are, etc.

Funny, the only Chinese person I know happens to speak immaculate English (and I gather, only basic Chinese), and was born here....

Anyway, he might have been North Korena, looking to see if they had any replacement allen bolts to hold a nuclear bomb in its housing......

yello

Is that Sean Connery? My lord, the make up is good! I'd have never have guessed. And to think, bonj saw him in lycra at his LBS.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Wasn't this fella, was it? :biggrin:
olympic-ring-bicycle.jpg

Or were his family waiting outside for the commute home?
091f69b3f290cf202b732149041510c1.jpg

Attachments

• olympic-ring-bicycle.jpg
    olympic-ring-bicycle.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 091f69b3f290cf202b732149041510c1.jpg
    091f69b3f290cf202b732149041510c1.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 9

Night Train

Maker of Things
bonj said:
in the LBS yesterday I saw a chinese in full lycra roadie gear, fairly nice helmet, with a fairly new but basic looking road bike.
I wasn't sure what to make of this.
My first thought was 'A Chinese what?' Ming vase? Fried rice? Laundry?

bonj said:
well, that the fact that he was chinese led the sales guys to believe he was going to be easy to convince that he needed to buy loads of lycra gear whether he needed it or not.
Ahhh, it was a male something.

So being a male Chinese implies too stoopid to understand bikie speek and know one end of lycla flom other? Maybe he no speekie engrish and was deriveling number 18, number 53 and number 4 set meal to bikie shop owners and waiting around for collrect change?

Pfffft!:biggrin:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Night Train said:
Maybe he no speekie engrish and was deriveling number 18, number 53 and number 4 set meal to bikie shop owners and waiting around for collrect change?

Wow, there's a niche market - guaranteed lycra clad takeaway delivery for really keen cyclists:biggrin: (but who aren't keen enough to go and pick it up themselves).

"I'll have chicken and cashew nuts, fried rice, prawn crackers and can you send the campag equipped bike please...."

Dammit, I want chinese takeaway now!

Night Train

Maker of Things
Arch said:
Wow, there's a niche market - guaranteed lycra clad takeaway delivery for really keen cyclists:biggrin: (but who aren't keen enough to go and pick it up themselves).

"I'll have chicken and cashew nuts, fried rice, prawn crackers and can you send the campag equipped bike please...."

Dammit, I want chinese takeaway now!
Number 36 wi extla plawn clackers coming up.
Will be wearing bestest tightest lycra for a good tip.:biggrin:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Night Train said:
Number 36 wi extla plawn clackers coming up.
Will be wearing bestest tightest lycra for a good tip.:biggrin:

I say, is that a spring roll, or are you just pleased to see me...

Top Bottom