FNRttC Christmas Night Ride - A Christmas Carol Saturday 17th December 2016

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mmmmartin

Random geezer
we really encourage people to give our rides a try
Very much so, and this would be an ideal opportunity to "ride before you buy" as it were. It'll be a shorter distance, in the "warmth" of London so it should be a few degrees warmer than in the countryside, with an early finish and you could take your first train homewards.

The Fridays' website (see my sig line) has all the info you'll ever need about membership, lights, clothing, etc. You can sign up for the email updates without even paying the massive £2 annual Fridays membership. What more could you want?

mmmmartin

Random geezer
@User482 - I am unsure but think @AKA Bob plans to bring us back to HPC then go somewhere nearby for breakfast. Some reprobates might imbibe alcohol thereafter but I'm teetotal, as you know. It might be 8am - which is when the breakfast place opens.

U

User482

Breakfast will near to Victoria Railway Station. Exact location will be released nearer the time.

Thanks. I just wanted to know how far I'd be from Paddington, as I'll need to book a ticket and cycle reservation for a specific train.

OP
OP
AKA Bob

AKA Bob

Riding a folding bike far too much of the time...
@User21629 and @Blue Hills both very welcome. The Christmas Ride is the chance for the club to come together during the festive season but also a chance for those who haven't experienced the magic of a Fridays ride to join us and have a taster.

and beer will be avaiable......
at 08.00?

(asking on behalf of those who need to re-hydrate as soon as, obvs.)

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Just filled the form in. My day off for Saturday hasnt been 100% confirmed so theres a small chance i might not be able to make it but i will keep you updated.

Secondly, i have a friend who wishes to join the ride, hes been commuting on the bike longer then i have and in a way much more of a cyclist then I am if he wasnt clinging onto his 7 year old badly maintained 13kg cube hybrid. Hes done the DD and went part of the way with me on this years one. He doesnt have insurance nor is he a member of the FNRttC.

Would he be allowed to tag along seeing as this is a fairly short 'closer-to-home' ride?

saoirse50

Veteran
Bring some gears as the plan is to head to the higher parts of the Borough of Camden.
There's tougher hills in the south, in my opinion. Anyway, pondering upon this as I'm leading a ride on the 18th, but Christmas comes but once a year and It's not a long or particularly tough ride (the one I'm leading). Or could just join you all for breakfast.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
This is, confusingly, a Saturday to Sunday ride. Provided you finish work on Saturday in time to make the start, you are fine on that score.
Working Sunday might be more of an issue though.

I work 11am-8pm every saturday. I wake at 8am everyday to get to work. Last thing i want would be to dragging myself on a ride when im already dead tired.

Believe me -- I dont like it, and according to my boss I dont have too but thats just the way it is and hence why im looking for another job.

Just filled the form in. My day off for Saturday hasnt been 100% confirmed so theres a small chance i might not be able to make it but i will keep you updated.

Secondly, i have a friend who wishes to join the ride, hes been commuting on the bike longer then i have and in a way much more of a cyclist then I am if he wasnt clinging onto his 7 year old badly maintained 13kg cube hybrid. Hes done the DD and went part of the way with me on this years one. He doesnt have insurance nor is he a member of the FNRttC.

Would he be allowed to tag along seeing as this is a fairly short 'closer-to-home' ride?
I suggest your friend contacts the ride leader personally to discuss.

Top Bottom