FNRttC Christmas Night Ride - A Christmas Carol Saturday 17th December 2016

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I'm in!

U

User10571

Willow Walk, apparently.
The 'Spoons just opposite the east entrance to Victoria station.

U

User10571

Ideal staggering distance:okay:
Have you looked at the rail disservice on offer from Deal that day?
It's not uplifting - unless of course you plan on driving to somewhere where the train set isn't broken.

OP
OP
AKA Bob

AKA Bob

Riding a folding bike far too much of the time...
Everyone should have an email in their inbox.

However if you can't be bothered to open it then a redacted version is posted below....

Fellow Fridays, Friends and Family,

This is the final email you will receive before we all meet between 11.30pm and 11.45pm on Saturday 17th December (not Friday 16th) under the Arch in centre of Hyde Park Corner at the top of Constitution Hill. The ride will depart as normal at Midnight but this extra time before the ride will help everyone to say hello to each and for the pre ride formalities to be completed.

We now have 40 riders registered for what should be an enjoyable and informative evening as we travel around some of the locations which inspired Charles Dickens as he wrote his A Christmas Carol which many historians now feel inspired many of the traditions we now feel are essential for a modern Christmas.

The weather forecast is still looking positive with what should be a dry evening if slightly cold. As I mentioned in my earlier email this ride will have less opportunities for us to stretch our legs and get the blood circulating so please remember to wrap up warm and bring some extra layers if you are likely to feel the cold.

This will be a two stop ride with the first occurring after only a few hour which will be food related along with the ability to buy a beer or your favourite tipple while the second will be around 5am for a warming hot drink out of the cold. The ride will finish at The Willow Well Westherspoons which is opposite the eastern entrance to Victoria Railway Station in Wilton Row.As all three stops are located in Central London I would highly recommend that you bring a bike lock just to remove temptation from an opportunist thief.

Once again I ask that you check your tyres and ensure that your rear lights won't blind your fellow riders and were possible are set to constant rather than flashing. Also consider bringing a spare inner tube or two especially if you are riding a Brompton or non standard size wheels. As you never know when a visitation might occur......

Finally as this is a Christmas ride please feel free to dress for the occasion or decorate your bike with suitable festive adornment.

See you on Saturday

Titus

Top Bottom