club cyclist?

club cyclist?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
On my own. I'm open to the idea of a cycling club but doubt a suitable one exists, it's hard enough finding anyone remotely interested in cycling (it's the h word that is the turn off). I'm substantially below the speeds people quote daily on here so would doubt suitability on that criteria alone yet on the other hand many people who might cycle but don't, think I'm superfit (I'm not) and go at crazy speeds/distances (I don't). It's not an anti-social statement, it's just how things have worked out.

The only thing that changes these perceptions are the people on this forum where people give out vast amounts of advice, humour, ideas and stories. Liking travel myself with a small t I find these stories fascinating.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I was - ex Marple Wheelers - was Club Secretary for years...small club, mainly racing cyclists though.... totally un-sponsored !!!

Not one anymore as I can't give the time - I'd hardly be on the club runs !!!

For me it's commuting and mainly 1-2 hour fast rides at weekends, with the odd Cycle Chat Manchester Division Ride

Bigtallfatbloke

I would like to join a club which isnt all about time trials etc, specifically I would like to join a club which does foreign touring, somewhere I can hook up with like minded peeps who want to see Europe on a bike with a tent on the cheap!

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Bigtallfatbloke said:
I would like to join a club which does foreign touring, somewhere I can hook up with like minded peeps who want to see Europe on a bike with a tent on the cheap!

BT(N)FB you sound like my kinda guy, a leisurely gentleman cyclist.

I would love to join as I now need to go out and find new people to be in my life. But I think my local club is more into the racing which is ok but Im not a racer Ive been told Im a TT'ist and a Sprinter. Im not in shape and I dont know if I have Time to do it?

bonj2

marinyork said:
On my own. I'm open to the idea of a cycling club but doubt a suitable one exists, it's hard enough finding anyone remotely interested in cycling (it's the h word that is the turn off). I'm substantially below the speeds people quote daily on here so would doubt suitability on that criteria alone yet on the other hand many people who might cycle but don't, think I'm superfit (I'm not) and go at crazy speeds/distances (I don't). It's not an anti-social statement, it's just how things have worked out.

The only thing that changes these perceptions are the people on this forum where people give out vast amounts of advice, humour, ideas and stories. Liking travel myself with a small t I find these stories fascinating.

so are those people, in most cases... :smile:

bonj2

I'd love to join a cycling club, however time trials bore me so i'm not interested in that,neither am i much interested in racing.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
I'm in two, joined both so I could enter time trials. Do the odd club run, but not often (not at all this year as it goes).

Blue

Legendary Member
I don't belong to a club and have never participated in an organised cycling event.

I only spent about 25 of the 1,000 miles I clocked-up in July in the company of other cyclists.

I cycle for fitness, pleasure and solitude, not the club scene.

Mr Pig

I like cycling with other people but only if they're broadly similar to my level. I used to go out with a guy who was fitter than me and very competitive. Nice guy but you always felt you were holding him up. Eventually he bought a road bike and that was that. He's now moved on to motorbikes and doesn't cycle any more!

The guy I go out with most often these days is still fitter than me, but not so far ahead, and he's happy to stick together, chat away and enjoy the company. The two guys I was out with yesterday are similar.

If I did time trials and races I'd be last all the time! ;0) I have another friend who races but I've never been cycling with him, it would be a waste of time.

Top Bottom