cold

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

arch684

Veteran
At my age it takes to long to recover from injuries so no cycling on ice for me.just use the dreaded turbo and walk the dog

ayceejay

Guru
Minus 22 today Ed, so no shorts for me :cold:
If I go out I will need this Rapha outfit
world-in-pic-3.jpg

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Any tyre on ice unless studed will slip. So called 'tread' on raod tyres makes zero difference.

A fairly robust winter tyre is the Schwalbe Durano Plus !

Katherine

Guru
Stayed on main roads today and managed 18 miles before the cold got too much for my toes. I wouldn't have had the confidence to do that last winter but I wasn't put off by some close passes or a range rover over taking me as I was trying to turn right!
The only thing that I find awkward is the number of layers I wear is a bit restrictive, 4 on top, 2 on my legs and 3 pairs of socks. A Christmas present of hand warmers in my gloves are great.

Katherine

Guru
I bought a spin bike to avoid icy injuries this year. Funny though, when I picked it up I lifted it above chest height to place it in my truck and slipped on ice in the parking lot. Ended up on my back with a spin bike on top of me. Two broken ribs and a concussion later, I have a safe ice free training environment. :smile:
Oops

OP
OP
young Ed

young Ed

Veteran
I bought a spin bike to avoid icy injuries this year. Funny though, when I picked it up I lifted it above chest height to place it in my truck and slipped on ice in the parking lot. Ended up on my back with a spin bike on top of me. Two broken ribs and a concussion later, I have a safe ice free training environment. :smile:
ouch, sorry but i couldn't help but smile :sad:
does kind of defeat the point of buying a spin bike. should have got a turbo, much safer to get home!
Cheers Ed

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
53 miles today on main-ish roads. They were all completely ice-free. I like colder weather for cycling as I run hot (no gloves today) so it was lovely. It was a treat to head down to Cheshire as this made for a flattish ride for once.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Ouch! Poor you! :hugs:
... should have gone to the gym ... :unsure:

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
53 miles today on main-ish roads. They were all completely ice-free. I like colder weather for cycling as I run hot (no gloves today) so it was lovely. It was a treat to head down to Cheshire as this made for a flattish ride for once.

I wish I ran hot, three pair of socks and overshoes just about kept my feet warm. Three pairs of gloves required to keep the hands warm.

400bhp

Guru
No gloves...seriously..:wacko::surrender::eek:

OP
OP
young Ed

young Ed

Veteran
I wish I ran hot, three pair of socks and overshoes just about kept my feet warm. Three pairs of gloves required to keep the hands warm.

i think that's why my tootsies were a bit chilly, i had a pair a 'summer' thin shoes with plenty of ventilation and just 1 pair of thin normal socks :sad:
Cheers Ed

Top Bottom