Coronavirus outbreak

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
In Scotland, yes. In Wales, no.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
I have been wearing a mask, of my own volition, in every public indoor/travel/confined space since last year, except in pubs (and the odd restaurant - EOTHO). Can I enquire whether you advocate mask-wearing in pubs, and how does that work out with quaffing to odd pint or three, in the company of friends? Or do you advocate that pubs and eating places be closed? If you think trains and buses should continue to operate, I guess that principle applies to aeroplanes too?
In October when I travelled, CalMac were enforcing mask wearing on the Scrabter - Stromness ferry on all parts of the vessel, even in the bar. With the mask only coming off your face to physically drink.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Maybe you could write a science fiction book about that happening. In 10 years time 25% of the planet will still be unvaxed so we’ll know more about this living experiment by then.
Maybe in 10 years time, science fact will show that Milzy could have survived covid by taking simple precautions like wearing a mask.

vickster

Legendary Member
That's what I don't get - wearing a mask is the polite thing to do for others. Why am I hearing folk in the media describing it as "a blight on life"?
Maybe @Milzy and @Landsurfer could enlighten as to why they personally won't wear a mask in an indoor space/public transport? What is their reason for their 'personal choice' 🤷‍♀️

Johnno260

Veteran
I have never understood the anti mask issues, it's really nothing that impacts anyone at all, it's not painful, I can't see how people link it to being oppressed, if they truly believe it's oppression they need to take a huge reality check.

It just seems like a bunch of snowflakes who like to moan about things.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Maybe @Milzy and @Landsurfer could enlighten as to why they personally won't wear a mask in an indoor space/public transport? What is their reason for their 'personal choice' 🤷‍♀️
I tried to ask them about the vaccine in the 'booster' thread and that whole thread has seemingly disappeared... possibly at their request, to avoid answering awkward questions ^_^

OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
In town, today, including inside a shopping centre/mall.
Most folk were wearing masks, but, as with last time, quite a few Denyers Dongles hung round necks.

Top Bottom