Council Tax

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I‘m band E. paying £2350. So nothing in the way of a rebate for me.
My house was a very basic 3 bed semi when it was banded. Since then it’s had 2 extensions and is probably 50% bigger, so it’s probably due and banding reassessment.
Im fortunate that I can afford household bills at the moment, but there are plenty of families who are going to struggle.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Nowt for me but I’m a tad further up the banding :whistle: . However I hate wasting cash , so it’s big jumpers in my house.

I got my £150 last week. Essentially it’s one months council tax bill for me.
This is the explanation from Martin Lewis (MoneySavingExpert):
What will happen is this - in October, on every single electricity bill in England, Scotland and Wales, you will either have your bill reduced by £200, or you'll be given a bill-credit. If you're on prepay, they'll pay it through your smart meter or they'll give you a voucher or a cheque.

"This is going to happen. There is no choice about it. It is not optional and it is going to happen automatically on every single bill. Then from the following April, and for five years after that, you will then have your bill automatically - without choice - increased by £40 a year.

So it’s only for electricity.
In order to get the £200 saving, you need to go off grid after you get the rebate. Ha ha.

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Has anyone had their 150 pounds rebate back yet? My Council said it will be paid out in April..........................still waiting.

Bobario

Veteran
I don't know if all councils are the same, but ours have up until September to pay it. So they are probably leaving it in the bank to rack up some interest.

Top Bottom