Courier caught throwing bike over fence.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
rnscotch

rnscotch

Veteran
Jeez this has grown arms and legs. At the end of the day i expect my parcel to be delivered and signed for via my front door, what a courier gets paid or what there working conditions are is of no concern of mine. At no point is it or should it be acceptable for an item someone has paid for the be hurled over the back garden fence. Just 30 mins earlier my 4 year old was playing in that exact spot before she went to nursery, let that sink in.

The bike was not particularly well packaged it's in a bike box with some foam around the forks & top tube some cardboard around the saddle there was also a set of spd's, 2 tyres and a set of cheap metal flat pedals Tredz had supplied along with a pedal spanner. The box came over hit the trampoline then landed where it did, Yes most likely the structural integrity of the bike is ok but why should i be taking the chance that it is and nothing will surface x amount of time down the road once it's getting used and abused on a daily basis. There is scuffs and a couple of scratches that Tredz say where not on the bike when it was dispatched so bike is reboxed awaiting collection.

As for Tredz they have offered me 10% off the price of whatever bike i choose next, We all know they will most likely claim for any damage against the courier. Tomorrow i will call them get this all sorted there lucky i aint a media whore and went running there with the story.

Attachments

• IMG_20180222_125547.jpg
    IMG_20180222_125547.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_20180222_134553.jpg
    IMG_20180222_134553.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 50
OP
OP
rnscotch

rnscotch

Veteran
Ok just an update, finally got this all sorted yesterday as I finally got my replacement bike which is a Caadx 2018 it's the only bike they where willing to give as an exchange this has rumbled on for 4 weeks now lesson learned and Tredz will never see another penny of my money the guy handling it at Tredz end was a decent guy but it seemed his hands where tied most of the time and he had to keep referring things back to management imho shitty customer service due to policy and procedures they have in place and I find it shocking I've had to wait this long anyway all done and dusted now.

GuyBoden

Guru
Jeez this has grown arms and legs. At the end of the day i expect my parcel to be delivered and signed for via my front door, what a courier gets paid or what there working conditions are is of no concern of mine. At no point is it or should it be acceptable for an item someone has paid for the be hurled over the back garden fence. Just 30 mins earlier my 4 year old was playing in that exact spot before she went to nursery, let that sink in.

The bike was not particularly well packaged it's in a bike box with some foam around the forks & top tube some cardboard around the saddle there was also a set of spd's, 2 tyres and a set of cheap metal flat pedals Tredz had supplied along with a pedal spanner. The box came over hit the trampoline then landed where it did, Yes most likely the structural integrity of the bike is ok but why should i be taking the chance that it is and nothing will surface x amount of time down the road once it's getting used and abused on a daily basis. There is scuffs and a couple of scratches that Tredz say where not on the bike when it was dispatched so bike is reboxed awaiting collection.

As for Tredz they have offered me 10% off the price of whatever bike i choose next, We all know they will most likely claim for any damage against the courier. Tomorrow i will call them get this all sorted there lucky i aint a media whore and went running there with the story.

To minimise future occurrences.

Did the Courier knock on your door or ring your door bell?

Did you hear the knock or door bell?

If you didn't hear the knock or door bell, ask yourself this: Do I need to invest in a better door bell system?

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
To minimise future occurrences.

Did the Courier knock on your door or ring your door bell?

Did you hear the knock or door bell?

If you didn't hear the knock or door bell, ask yourself this: Do I need to invest in a better door bell system?
Lots don't knock/ring. They're so pushed for time, they run straight for the safe place, ditch the box, then run away.

At least most of them get the correct house, unlike Initial Shooty Link, who delivered two cases of wine to (and took a picture of) the door of a number 36 I'd never seen...

vickster

Legendary Member
vickster has it bang on. The 30 day rule on mail order applies. Send it back and buy elsewhere.
But he’s got his new bike now? I posted that when he was still in the process of returning the fence hurled one

byegad

Legendary Member
I had a spate of royal mail just stuffing the your not in note through the letter box without even knocking/ringing as i have sat watching them walk up the path .
I had that at my old address. Now we've moved it no longer happens, but maybe that's due to the fact that we're home most days and will happily take in parcels for neighbours, so saving him redelivering.

ADarkDraconis

Cardinal Member
Lots don't knock/ring. They're so pushed for time, they run straight for the safe place, ditch the box, then run away.

At least most of them get the correct house, unlike Initial Shooty Link, who delivered two cases of wine to (and took a picture of) the door of a number 36 I'd never seen...
I make jewelry and order precious stones that sometimes have to be signed for. My better half works from home so he is usually here all day with our daughter. If he knows I am expecting a package he will stay downstairs so he can hear the door. 9 times out of 10 our postal carrier just sticks the 'you weren't home, please collect at post office' notice in the mailbox, sometimes he will hear him come up onto the porch, but no knock and he just leaves. We never had this issue with our old postman but he retired a few years ago and now we get a run of different carriers (one who knocked a flower pot off of my porch and, when seen by the neighbor, just hurried off around the corner.)

When I go to the post office the next day to collect said package, I always tell the person behind the desk that our postman didn't even knock. They always say, "Yeah, we get a lot of complaints about that." And sometimes "They probably just don't want to lug the packages around and leave them in the truck." Why can they get away with not doing their jobs?! I feel that although I am not a complainer I am justified in wanting someone to do their job that they get paid for and if enough people report this common problem then it should be dealt with.

mjr

Why can they get away with not doing their jobs?! I feel that although I am not a complainer I am justified in wanting someone to do their job that they get paid for and if enough people report this common problem then it should be dealt with.
They get away with it because the sender is the customer. The courier is basically incentivised to cut costs, including dicking the recipient about, until it gets so bad that it starts obviously costing senders money enough to make them use another courier - such as people demanding lost/damaged packages are replaced or refusing to buy because of their courier choice and telling them so. It's fairly rare in retail to get a choice of courier, even when you're paying.

Do any couriers offer to pick up a click+collect item and carry it to you? That could be useful if the seller offers cheaper click+collect than delivery. It may also suggest a less shoot courier.

ADarkDraconis

Cardinal Member
They get away with it because the sender is the customer. The courier is basically incentivised to cut costs, including dicking the recipient about, until it gets so bad that it starts obviously costing senders money enough to make them use another courier - such as people demanding lost/damaged packages are replaced or refusing to buy because of their courier choice and telling them so. It's fairly rare in retail to get a choice of courier, even when you're paying.

Do any couriers offer to pick up a click+collect item and carry it to you? That could be useful if the seller offers cheaper click+collect than delivery. It may also suggest a less shoot courier.
They are federal workers (USPS) and I feel that if they are representing our country's postal service (which just raised their prices again) they should be a cut above the cut-rate delivery services. Most of my shipments come from other countries so for example my Australian boulder opals get sent using Australia's post and come into the country and then are sent via our post. I feel that I shouldn't have to pay another service to pick up what the first is paid to bring to me in the first place.

mjr

They are federal workers (USPS) and I feel that if they are representing our country's postal service (which just raised their prices again) they should be a cut above the cut-rate delivery services. Most of my shipments come from other countries so for example my Australian boulder opals get sent using Australia's post and come into the country and then are sent via our post. I feel that I shouldn't have to pay another service to pick up what the first is paid to bring to me in the first place.
Sure - I was asking generally.

Post services aren't couriers. File a complaint and chase it as strongly as you feel it's worth, to your elected federal member, if needs be.

Drago

Legendary Member

They clearly took that dreadful Kevin Costner film, The Postman, to be a training video.

Top Bottom