Cricket World Cup 2015 *spoilers*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Pro Tour Punditry
Decent 6th wicket partnership seems to have the Windies back on track. Time for bed...hope the Irish manage to get the win.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I well remember the time they beat England in the World Cup. They brought in some immense farm labourer ringer half way down the innings and he just smashed everything England flung at him into the stands, ball after ball after ball. Zero finesse - he just slogged away like a threshing machine.They tried everything, but they just couldn't stop the bastard. Even as an England fan it was a joy to watch.

OP
OP
Pro Tour Punditry
Aye, I remember that; this win seems to be much more of a team effort.

I hope Scotland can do something similar against NZ tonight; we beat Ireland by 179 runs in a warm-up match, and then lost narrowly to the Windies (3 runs) when we snatched defeat from the jaws of victory losing the final 4 wickets for 7 runs.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I love it when plucky little minor cricket-playing nations like Ireland, Scotland and England buck the rankings.
At least I hope England might at some point:whistle:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
1-1 Not a great start for the Scots

AndyRM

XOXO
What a terrible start! After a promising build up I was hoping we'd trouble some of the bigger nations. Hopefully we can post a reasonable total and have a shot at defending it.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
A decent though fruitless fight back by Scotland. Aided by the kiwis attempt to boost their run rate. England v NZ on Friday and England v Scotland on Monday.

Top Bottom