Cricket World Cup 2015 *spoilers*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Well today has to be up there with the worst performance ever by an English cricket team. Completely outclassed.
Just finished watching the 'match' on itv. As you say, probably the most abject drubbing I've ever seen England take. And I'm 54. Jesus.

OP
OP
Pro Tour Punditry
Pakistan are going to give England a close run for worst team...

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Pakistan are going to give England a close run for worst team...

True. I guess Ireland would have been hoping that the "other" Pakistan had shown up and hammered WI, thereby all but putting WI out. As it is, unless Ireland can beat Pakistan it'll be out with the calculators for net run rate I think. I'm guessing a lot of it will come down to how badly WI/Pakistan/Ireland lose to India and SA

OP
OP
Pro Tour Punditry
True. I guess Ireland would have been hoping that the "other" Pakistan had shown up and hammered WI, thereby all but putting WI out. As it is, unless Ireland can beat Pakistan it'll be out with the calculators for net run rate I think. I'm guessing a lot of it will come down to how badly WI/Pakistan/Ireland lose to India and SA

Looking at the Scotland fixtures, it could come down to whether we beat England or not, in terms of which of the 2 teams qualifies - although that is me being very optimistic and thinking Scotland will beat Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Afghanistan :laugh:

OP
OP
Pro Tour Punditry
Things happen so quickly - it was 34-0 when I went out with the dogs, when I came back it was 40-2

edit - cracking on now tho, with a decent 3rd wicket partnership

Last edited:

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Yay! Scotland win the toss.

And decide to put England into bat first.

It'll either be nip and tuck and Scotland win.....or England will thrash the Jocks. I just can't call which England will turn up. First 10 overs will tell.......

Top Bottom