Custom Bicycle mud gaurds

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Question is, how much silver to put in. Just a smidgin or a dollup?
I'd go with not much at first (on the test piece) you can always whack a bit more in later but my idea was to just give the pale blue a bit of zizz.

OP
OP
loopybike

loopybike

Veteran
DSC_0425_zpsvtguchfl.jpg

First coat. Not too bad. Paler than I was going for, but hey that's what you get when you mix colours late at night after drinking wine! Lol

OP
OP
loopybike

loopybike

Veteran
I am SUCH an idiot!

The paint was looking pretty good, just needed a second coat of clear. Then I got a bit of grease on the down tube off my hand, I reached for a squitry bottle of thinners and gave it a light spay. BANG, instant paint reaction!
Bugger!

So now the down tube has been sanded back to metal and given a new coat of primer.

The question is, do I have enough of the "special" blue paint left, or "Red Wine Blue" as its now know? It's going to be touch and go......

OP
OP
loopybike

loopybike

Veteran
I'll just leave this here :smile:

DSC_0436_zpsqu6czywl.jpg

OP
OP
loopybike

loopybike

Veteran
Got some leather for the handle bars. It's a really good colour match and excellent quality.
DSC_0440_zpscmb1b7q0.jpg

Fitting it is going to be a challenge for me as I've never done anything like this before. I have got some cream leather that I'm going to use to practice with as I only just have enough of the brown. If I mess it up I'll be gutted.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Got some leather for the handle bars. It's a really good colour match and excellent quality.
DSC_0440_zpscmb1b7q0.jpg

Fitting it is going to be a challenge for me as I've never done anything like this before. I have got some cream leather that I'm going to use to practice with as I only just have enough of the brown. If I mess it up I'll be gutted.
Invest in one of these to punch the lace holes.
893651904_929.jpg

Top Bottom