Cycle Chatter Targets 2020

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Norry1

Legendary Member
Well that is Dry January done and it has taken me close to my target of getting to 11 stone (70kg) this year. I weighed in at 11st 3.4lbs this morning, a drop of 10.2lbs over the month. The challenge is going to be keeping it off and then shaving those last few pounds sustainably.

Dunno about you lot but I'm beginning to get the "you're too thin" comments from my beloved so 11st will be my floor I reckon. I still take L or XL in bike jerseys so I'm not exactly Twiggy :smile:

CXRAndy

Guru
Dunno about you lot but I'm beginning to get the "you're too thin" comments from my beloved so 11st will be my floor I reckon. I still take L or XL in bike jerseys so I'm not exactly Twiggy :smile:

Funny you should say that Martin,. my wife and friends said I looked unwell too thin, when I weighed 14st 7lb :laugh:

OP
OP
Whorty

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Well that is Dry January done and it has taken me close to my target of getting to 11 stone (70kg) this year. I weighed in at 11st 3.4lbs this morning, a drop of 10.2lbs over the month. The challenge is going to be keeping it off and then shaving those last few pounds sustainably.

10lb/4+kg in one month :notworthy: Amazing going mate :okay: I'd like to get into the 60's ..... but not been there since I was at Uni so could be a challenge :unsure: I've managed to kick start my training this year and it went well so hoping I can stay on top of it and the power/weight losses will start to go in the right direction.

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
I don't have any targets this year 😭 but I do have some aspirations!

Currently at 78kg from 67 Kg last may ... Want to get back to at least 67kg ... I've promised myself that if I can get below and maintain 62Kg then I will be the proud owner of a Canyon Endurace CF SLX 9.0 Di2 Disc. Helen wasn't too chuffed when I told her ... Even less so when I added that it was six and a half grand!!!

The other aspiration is to get fit enough to do the Mallorca 312 in April 2021.

No mileage targets, no FTP targets, just need to ride :sad: Mate of mines just qualified as a coach so may well get him on board.

OP
OP
Whorty

Whorty

Currently at 78kg from 67 Kg last may ... Want to get back to at least 67kg ... I've promised myself that if I can get below and maintain 62Kg then I will be the proud owner of a Canyon Endurace CF SLX 9.0 Di2 Disc. Helen wasn't too chuffed when I told her ... Even less so when I added that it was six and a half grand!!!

No mileage targets, no FTP targets, just need to ride :sad: Mate of mines just qualified as a coach so may well get him on board.
That's a good target mate - I had something similar last year. I promised myself if I got down to 70kg I'd treat myself to a decent bike. I only managed to get to 74kg, but my good lady bought me a bike anyway (Specialized 2020 Expert Roubaix - it's the 3rd bike she's bought me ^_^ She's a keeper is my wife :laugh: ). Good luck on the weight loss :okay:

CXRAndy

Guru

I know a number of riders who entered last year. It was a bit of a shambles for the food stops and start time slots. Most were stopped from going for the full course, Very strict cut offs. The food stops and start delays curtailed their attempts.

Two completed it, something like 11hr 30.

Good luck and hope for an early slot

That’s the next bike I have my eyes on , it’s a beauty πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸš΄β€β™‚οΈ

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
That’s the next bike I have my eyes on , it’s a beauty πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸš΄β€β™‚οΈ
I don't like the stealth, but the red tint looks so classy and understated.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Well that went well, not.

Ended up at A&E this morning. Pain in the feet and legs (Now both Left and Right) is just driving me nuts. After tests (blood pressure is way up), blood draws (Sugars are high 11) and other stuff the situation is this.

The A&E Dept couldn't get hold of the Vascular Dept. So they had to talk to the Surgical Dept instead. My case will now be raised at the next dept meeting with the Vascular Dept and I will be told the result. The fact that they haven't had this, weekly, meeting for 2 months (for understandable reasons) instills a great boost of confidence, :dry:. The outcome is they've kicked the can down the road again but at least this time I was told to my face.

The solution to my pain problem? Take paracetamol (sp) and visit the GP :banghead:

I last 3 experiences with the NHS with big, not fixed by resting at home, problems is not encouraging. They have refused to fix my umbilical hernia, the treatment my brother received in the last 3 days of his life was absolutely appalling until he reached the ITU and now I'm a year into trying to get my feet and legs fixed.

At the moment all I can say is πŸ–• Croydon University Vascular Dept. Your attitude and comms suck πŸ–•πŸ–•πŸ–•πŸ–•πŸ–•πŸ–•πŸ–•πŸ–•πŸ–•πŸ–•πŸ–•πŸ–•πŸ–•πŸ–•πŸ–•πŸ–•πŸ–•

OP
OP
Whorty

Whorty

Well that went well, not.

Ended up at A&E this morning. Pain in the feet and legs (Now both Left and Right) is just driving me nuts. After tests (blood pressure is way up), blood draws (Sugars are high 11) and other stuff the situation is this.

The A&E Dept couldn't get hold of the Vascular Dept. So they had to talk to the Surgical Dept instead. My case will now be raised at the next dept meeting with the Vascular Dept and I will be told the result. The fact that they haven't had this, weekly, meeting for 2 months (for understandable reasons) instills a great boost of confidence, :dry:. The outcome is they've kicked the can down the road again but at least this time I was told to my face.

The solution to my pain problem? Take paracetamol (sp) and visit the GP :banghead:

I last 3 experiences with the NHS with big, not fixed by resting at home, problems is not encouraging. They have refused to fix my umbilical hernia, the treatment my brother received in the last 3 days of his life was absolutely appalling until he reached the ITU and now I'm a year into trying to get my feet and legs fixed.

At the moment all I can say is πŸ–• Croydon University Vascular Dept. Your attitude and comms suck πŸ–•πŸ–•πŸ–•πŸ–•πŸ–•πŸ–•πŸ–•πŸ–•πŸ–•πŸ–•πŸ–•πŸ–•πŸ–•πŸ–•πŸ–•πŸ–•πŸ–•
Feck TB, you really are in the wars mate. We're finding that you have to keep nagging and eventually you get what you need ... sometimes it really is the squeaky wheel that gets oiled!

Hope you get some help soon. Been dragging on far too long now.

theboxers

Feck TB, you really are in the wars mate. We're finding that you have to keep nagging and eventually you get what you need ... sometimes it really is the squeaky wheel that gets oiled!

Hope you get some help soon. Been dragging on far too long now.
I'm really down about this and they don't seem to give a fark. Oy that's meant to be F U C K

They really live up to their former name MayDay. Ya need to send and S.O.S. to get any help but even then it's a case of are you dying? No. Then fark off and wait another 3 months. See You Next Tuesdays.

The last time I looked they had the highest death rate for Cov19 admissions so there's a chance they could be saving me from their incompetence :dry:

The ward I live in as of the 20th of may hadn't had a confirmed Cov19 death

Last edited:

theboxers

Well I may have made some progress :dry:

Another bash at A&E this morning, even found a parking space :dance:.

Long story short I should have a call coming my way, within 7 days, to setup an appointment for the angioplasty on my groin, both sides and leg, right side around the knee.

It only took me threatening to cut my feet off, no seriously that's what I told them, :ohmy:. It's amazing what happens when you threaten self harm :sad:, shouldn't need to get to that point.

Hoping to get back on the bike very shortly, but not counting my chickens :unsure:

theboxers

Ok op done. Just the blockage in the groin. At least a partial success. I can now walk without a crutch.

The blockage by the knee may need more invasive surgery if this has not solved most of the problem.

No excessive walking for the next 48hrs.

Now using 3 pills, 2 for blood thinning, 1 for stomach protection from the thinning pills :sad:

I'm waiting until the weekend before I try riding. Waiting for a follow up appointment with the consultant for the problem by the knee

Top Bottom