cycle computer with backlight function

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

blazingsaddles

I'm after a cycle computer for my bike. I don't want anything fancy or complicated and I don't mind wired or wireless, but I do want a backlight function on it.

Any ideas folks?

Thanks & regards,
bs

Noodley

Might seem like a stupid question, but:

What do you want a backlight for?

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Noodley said:
Might seem like a stupid question, but:

What do you want a backlight for?

Just a stab in the dark but I would guess for riding at night :laugh:

Noodley

FatFellaFromFelixstowe said:
Just a stab in the dark but I would guess for riding at night :laugh:

Possibly. And that's why I asked. A head torch might be a better option...:laugh:

You can see the computer, shine it in the direction you are looking to attract the attention of other road users, use it to see with if you have a mechanical, use it to search through a saddlebag in the dark, use it for camping, etc, etc.

e-rider

crappy member
Cateye micro wireless - great computer and the backlight works well at night, although not really necessary in urban areas with street lights. You can usually find these for about £26 if you shop about.

on the road

Über Member
The Cateye Micro Wireless has a back light and it won't drain the battery unless you keep on pressing it every second, the light switches off after a few secomds.

OP
OP
blazingsaddles

blazingsaddles

Thanks for replies. Have just purchased and set up my Cateye Wireless. £ 26.00 from the Cycle Surgery who said they will price match any price at the moment.

Regards,
bs

Top Bottom