Cycle Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuartG

slower but further
Do you really think that the medical evidence is unequivocal, and should be believed "just because a medic said it"?
Agreed - medical evidence is of little practical help since they are dealing with the aftermath of a crash. What is more relevant is the liklihood and severity of crashes. An area they have no special expertise as many studies published by medics all too sadly demonstrate. Knowledge of Student's t-test does not make a data analyst of you.

Its a bit like when a meteorologist wanders into the world of climatology.

NotthatJasonKenny

Faster on HFLC
Yep - that covers hill walking... now what about cyclists?
mountain biking?

NotthatJasonKenny

Faster on HFLC
Kolo%20popcorm1.gif

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Hill walking too though. Lots of sharp pointy things waiting for your head when you are walking. You know it makes sense.
What, falling rocks? ^_^
On a more serious note, yesterday coffee machine repair man (not required to wear head protection) got hit on the head by a menu board :laugh: it was very funny - the board is very light, no harm befell him btw.
Meantime, removal crew dismantling steel tubular concert seating was wearing hard hats + high viz.
Just saying, to each activity, the appropriate safety wear.
High viz at work for me today as well, but wasn't wearing it on the bike, 'cause my red helmet shines like a beacon :sun:

OP
OP
steve keay

steve keay

Über Member
Wow , I didnt expect all these comments. Still feel a berk at the mo wearing a helmet, especially as I have the least sportiest bike in the bikeshed. but Im going to continue wearing it ( although i forgot today) oops. mrs said "what happened to the helmet I bought you" I think Im falling on the side of anything between my head and something hard must be good.
Interesting argument about riders wearing helmets taking more risk, I do a few trackdays in my Westfield and definately feel safer driving faster with my crash helmet on. although a big moment at over 80mph slowed me down for a few laps last time :wacko:

What, falling rocks? ^_^
On a more serious note, yesterday coffee machine repair man (not required to wear head protection) got hit on the head by a menu board
Bet that gave him food for thought.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Wow , I didnt expect all these comments. Still feel a berk at the mo wearing a helmet, especially as I have the least sportiest bike in the bikeshed. but Im going to continue wearing it ( although i forgot today) oops. mrs said "what happened to the helmet I bought you" I think Im falling on the side of anything between my head and something hard must be good.
Interesting argument about riders wearing helmets taking more risk, I do a few trackdays in my Westfield and definately feel safer driving faster with my crash helmet on. although a big moment at over 80mph slowed me down for a few laps last time :wacko:
Don't worry about looking like a berk. I got used to it.

I think Im falling on the side of anything between my head and something hard must be good.

In all circumstances or just while cycling (and if just while cycling, why?)?

Have you also thought about a typical helmet making your head twice as big and therefore twice as likely to hit something hard?

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Have you also thought about a typical helmet making your head twice as big and therefore twice as likely to hit something hard?
Mine is the slimming model ^_^
Oh, enough, I'm only in this thread because I don't want do disturb the cat sleeping on me .... I'm away to the caff ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom