Cycle Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gary E

Veteran
...and, no comment!

OP
OP
steve keay

steve keay

Über Member
[QUOTE 1855164, member: 45"]Be assured that experienced doesn't mean correct but in this issue it means bloody argumentative and subjective. You'd do well to step away now and never enter this room again.[/quote]
*Hangs head in shame* what have I started:whistle:

1855107 said:
I had a bee get stuck in my helmet and sting my head once. That
A) Hurt and
B) Definitely would not have happened had I not been wearing the helmet.

I believe that with this conclusive evidence we can put all such discussions to bed. I expect everyone to thank me in due course.

I fear the absence of a helmet may not offer the protection you crave. I thank you for your contribution, but I disagree.

I was once hit by a wasp between the eyes. I stung me and one eye was closed by the time I arrived at work, about 5 miles later.

We kept bees in those days and I'd been stung severally every spring and summer throughout childhood. This was my worst reaction ever to a sting. I splatted the malefactor against my eyebrow. His version of the event will never be written.

I don't want to stir up a hornets' nest here, but it would never have happened if I'd been wearing a helmet.

NotthatJasonKenny

Faster on HFLC
Do I get a choice about that? :whistle:

Yeah! You can be whatever you like but I'm pro choice! I would have loved to have ridden my Ducati sans helmet, I might not have dared but I would have loved the choice!

I fear the absence of a helmet may not offer the protection you crave. I thank you for your contribution, but I disagree.

I was once hit by a wasp between the eyes. I stung me and one eye was closed by the time I arrived at work, about 5 miles later.

We kept bees in those days and I'd been stung severally every spring and summer throughout childhood. This was my worst reaction ever to a sting. I splatted the malefactor against my eyebrow. His version of the event will never be written.

I don't want to stir up a hornets' nest here, but it would never have happened if I'd been wearing a helmet.

You seem to have a bit of a bee in your bonnet. :thumbsup:

StuartG

slower but further
Thanks Ade for reminding me about protective glasses. I do wear them.
Now I've not seen argued anywhere that helmets prevent crashes. Maybe the opposite.
Whereas, in theory, not being temporally blinded might. The ping of an insect or grit on glasses is not uncommon. Should they therefore be higher up the safety list?

1855197 said:
Too late, the subject is settled

It's a subject, not the West Bank! Settled? Pah!

My anecdotal addition scuppered and nulled your anecdotally-derived hypothesis and proved (or attempted to prove) a point that was immensely important to me at the time but which I have now forgotten.

You cannot simply declare a subject settled and (metaphorically) walk away.

What if I was right? What if the rest of the Internet was wrong?

What if it was important?

I cannot recall the point of discussion, or the proof I provided to support my now-forgotten argument, but I simply cannot sit by while you deny me the right to be utterly right about everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom