Cycle Mirror on the wrist

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Biker man

I have seen mirrors on the internet that can be worn on the wrist, has anyone got one and are they any good .

Sharky

Guru
Never seen or heard of them until I read your post and googled. Thoughts as a roadie and drop handle bars, my hands can be in many different positions on the bars, so I can't see how you would always get a good view.

On a straight bar bike, with hands in more of a fixed position, might work, but I can't see much advantage over one that is fixed to the frame. Other than it could be cost effective if you have many bikes.

Will look forward to your review should you buy one.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I'd never heard of them either. I'm just guessing but I think that a user might spend a lot of time adjusting his wrist angle rather than concentrating on riding the bike or glancing over his shoulder..

I could be entirely wrong.

OP
OP
B

Biker man

I'd never heard of them either. I'm just guessing but I think that a user might spend a lot of time adjusting his wrist angle rather than concentrating on riding the bike or glancing over his shoulder..

I could be entirely wrong.
That's why I would like to hear from someone who has tried one .

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
PS don't believe the internet. No-one on here uses them.

presta

Guru
I was on the verge of getting one at one time, but my cycling days came to an end before I got around to it. I think it's still on my Amazon wish list.

gbb

Legendary Member
My wife brought me one when I cycle commuted. Cant remember the make but iirc it wasn't cheap....and certainly want very good. I could never get it to sit in a way that gave a stable view behind.
I ditched mine pretty quick. The thought was there but.....

Chief Broom

Veteran
Your ears and shoulder checks are your lifeline on a bike.
That may be but having an early alert of an approaching vehicle would be useful. I ride on mainly single track roads in the highlands and have only a limited width of road [often bumpy] to play with. Frequent head turning would soon have me in a ditch or i'd get a wobble on as some impatient tourist wants to squeeze by. Theres loads of ebikes and cars now and i cant hear them.
Dont reckon the wrist mirror is the answer but might try a bar mounted. :okay:

Top Bottom