Cycle Snobs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
How have you broken it...?

PS My Fixed gear road bike commuter was always on the stand getting maintained as they do. Even a low maintenance bike.
It's got incredibly fragile wheels ( for a roughty toughty type bike). The Avid hydraulic brakes are beyond belief bad, The BB is a Truvativ number, which is not good, and a massive PITA. I've managed to procure a different rear wheel and freehub for it, it's got one last chance, or I'll strip it and flog the bits that aren't so bad ( the frame for example is actually very good)

Yes, formal introductions are not required in our part of the country.
That's a non sequitur. It doesn't explain why you asked if he was serious.

Venod

Eh up
That's a non sequitur. It doesn't explain why you asked if he was serious.

I didn't ask if he was serious, I asked if he had done any serious cycling, he first stated the obvious.

If you're struggling then you are trying to cycle too fast into the wind. Just drop your pace and you'll no longer be struggling.

Then followed this up with

Well this jumping on strangers wheels as though you're in a race is a bit child like isn't it? So yes, listen to dad.

Its not only races who use the shelter of other riders, anybody who has had a hard day and struggles with the wind will know how much of a help drafting can be, pretending your in a race is the last thing on your mind, your just grateful that the riders in front are a friendly bunch and not cycling snobs (isn't that what this thread is about)

My original post on this thread was about treating cycling snobs with the contempt they deserve, I did say it that was childish on my part.

It doesn't explain why you asked if he was serious.

This is what I should have asked, he's probably trolling.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Not at all, but you don't jump on strangers wheels without asking. If they say no, then you don't jump on their wheels either. Not everyone is comfortable with a tired stranger a few inches behind their back wheel.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Have I ever done any serious cycling?

Serious, Synonyms: earnest, grave, humourless, no-nonsense, po-faced [British], sedate, severe, sober, sobersided, solemn, staid, uncomic, unsmiling, weighty.

Well, it's true that I trundle around sedately. I am pretty weighty. I am always sober. Many who have experienced my jokes would agree that they are uncomic.

So yes.

But my serious cycling rarely, if ever, involves drafting of any sort, either as drafter or draftee.

Venod

Eh up
Not at all, but you don't jump on strangers wheels without asking. If they say no, then you don't jump on their wheels either. Not everyone is comfortable with a tired stranger a few inches behind their back wheel.

Isn't that the point of this thread, why would you be so snobish to deny someone a wheel, your a cyclist I'm a cyclist we are in general a friendly lot, lets keep it that way.

Reactions: mjr

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
You'll get better if you continue to push into the wind by yourself. Just think of the wind as an asset to improve your fitness rather than using strangers wheels.
Why do you think @Afnug can get any better? @Afnug is already AWESOME :smile:

But my serious cycling rarely, if ever, involves drafting of any sort, either as drafter or draftee.
You still cycling near FU City, then? ;)

Said it before and was knocked down a bit, but i have the impression that up north (or at least the bit of it I know well) the ratio of amiable/broad minded/we are all cyclists together racers is higher than down south.

Top Bottom