CycleChat Investigates - Mods v Rockers

Are you a Mod or a Rocker?

• I'm a sharp suited mod riding a childs toy

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • I'm a greasy smelly rocker but ride a real crotch rocket.

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • I'm a normal member of 60's society and frightened to death my this breakdown of law and order

Votes: 7 25.9%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Which were you - or are you - and why?

Who won the big fights back in the day?

Who would win a dust up today?

There's only one way to settle this!

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Tricky this one. On the one hand I ride a proper motorcycle not some daft scooter, but on the other hand am much more on the mod side of the fence regarding music, and even dress sense

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
My mother would warn me not to go along a certain road because there were 'teddy boys' down there. She seemingly didn't connect this with her two cousins, with their quiffs, drapes, and shoestring ties.

Last edited:

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Weren't the 'clashes' mostly media hype rather than the tribal battles we romantically 'recall' from watching Quadrophenia rather than the news?

FWIW... i was a new born :wub:

Brandane

Legendary Member
I'm a rocker! Ride a Honda VFR 800 and listen to Motorhead, Saxon, and AC/DC.. (as well as The Who, The Jam, and various Ska bands).
As with much of modern life, the biker/Mod thing has all become very PC, cuddly and nice. We even give each other that biker nod/wave thing that used to be reserved for our own kind. Things aren't like they used to be. Unless you ride a Harley or a BMW; then you just hate everyone else on the road no matter what they drive/ride, because they are obviously inferior beings!

delb0y

Legendary Member
Rocker. 1200cc proper shaped bike and leather jacket and i do like good old rock'n'roll. But (whispers) the mods had some good music - Kinks and the Who and the Small Faces and all that southern soul.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
My brothers were rockers, always on bikes especially BSA Bantoms, then onto bigger bikes. My mum's house was a always full of bits of bikes. I myself spent a fair Amount of time on the back of motorbikes.

However I was neither smelly or greasy :laugh:.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
Sold my VN 800 ratted of course last year as I wasn't as gung ho all weather on a motorsickle anymore. Getting the hankering again though to bash another chop together.

jongooligan

Legendary Member
Foot in both camps.

T'owd man bought a Thunderbird as soon as he'd saved enough money from his first job. Moved to a Bonneville then a Beezer outfit when I came along so he could chuck my carrycot into the sidecar. He's had a string of Nortons. Hondas, Beemers and a Suzuki. At the age of 85 he couldn't get his leg over the bike any more so he bought a modern 350cc scooter which he had until he died.

So me and the bruv have bikes in our blood but we both listen to Mod & Ska music and we've both had a string of bikes. We dallied with Lambrettas and Vespas in our youth but I look like a circus act on a scooter being 6'4" tall and no matter how souped up they're never gunna have the poke of a decent bike.

Top Bottom