Cycling to football

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sixmile

Veteran
Does anyone know of safe and secure cycle parking facilities at Anfield?

We've a cycling holiday planned in late July & early August and the night that we stop in Liverpool, they plan Strasbourg in a friendly. I wouldn't mind going since we're in town but we'll be on two tandems, which stick out a mile and I would be absolutely distraught if they were taken. My thinking is that I will leave them in the hotel and get a taxi over to the ground but thought I'd ask on here incase anyone has ever cycled to the ground and had no qualms leaving their precious wheels locked up nearby somewhere.

Sixmile

Veteran
On a totally separate note, I have booked the boat and an airbnb for the TNS v Linfield tie in Oswestry on 5th July. I'll be cycling down from Birkenhead to the match, staying a night and cycling back up for the boat the next evening. Anyone in the Chester/Wrexham/Shropshire area?

T4tomo

Legendary Member

We've a cycling holiday planned in late July & early August and the night that we stop in Liverpool, they plan Strasbourg in a friendly. I wouldn't mind going since we're in town but we'll be on two tandems, which stick out a mile and I would be absolutely distraught if they were taken. My thinking is that I will leave them in the hotel and get a taxi over to the ground but thought I'd ask on here incase anyone has ever cycled to the ground and had no qualms leaving their precious wheels locked up nearby somewhere.

why not email LFC and ask them if they have secure parking inside the stadium or car park. Other than that taxi would be safer than giving a local 12 yr old hoodlum £5 to mind them.

Chislenko

Veteran
On a totally separate note, I have booked the boat and an airbnb for the TNS v Linfield tie in Oswestry on 5th July. I'll be cycling down from Birkenhead to the match, staying a night and cycling back up for the boat the next evening. Anyone in the Chester/Wrexham/Shropshire area?

Where are you staying in Oswestry Sixmile, Park Hall is a bit remote from the town.

If you are feeling energetic before the match you could cycle down to Llansantffraid ym Mechain to see the ground of the club Mike Harris "appropriated"

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member

Google suggests that there was bike parking at Anfield in 2019-2020, you'd need to check if it still exists
https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/359504-cycle-to-anfield-on-a-matchday
They have a Twitter page and other Social Media to ask on
https://faq.liverpoolfc.com/portal/en/kb/articles/contact-us-fan-services

Sixmile

Veteran
Where are you staying in Oswestry Sixmile, Park Hall is a bit remote from the town.

If you are feeling energetic before the match you could cycle down to Llansantffraid ym Mechain to see the ground of the club Mike Harris "appropriated"

The property looks to be on the Gobowen road, 1.3 miles from the ground. I'll take the bike over no bother as I'll have just done 60 miles from the ferry that morning. :bravo:

Sixmile

Veteran

Sixmile

Veteran
Don't think you can call, other 21st century options are available :okay:

This is why I follow my local team - only a phone call away ^_^

Sixmile

Veteran
Just to follow up on this... turned out the ride from Birkenhead ferry to Wrexham and on to Oswestry for the TNS/Linfield game was very pleasant. My airbnb was in Oswestry town where I left my bike in their shed and walked to Park Hall ground with a TNS fan giving me a lift back which was very nice. Linfield featured my journey on the official club website.

On the Liverpool game, they were very hard to get an answer from after multiple messages to the club and finally I was told that whilst there was bike racks available in one of the nearby car parks, that these were not manned so seemingly the ticketed bike parking no longer exists which is a pity. We walked the 2.5 mile from our hotel to Anfield which was lovely on such a pleasantly warm evening leaving our tandems safely in the hotel meeting room. Thankfully Strasbourg thumped them, deflating a whole generation of glory hunters. ^_^

Since then I have cycled a few local games around 15 miles from home with little hassle. I hope to do a few more before the winter properly sets in.

Last edited:
OP
OP
pjd57

pjd57

Veteran
Haven't popped into this thread for a while.
Still cycling to games at Celtic Park. Numbers are up , even through the winter. We've even got someone representing the people who cycle to the stadium on the clubs official fans forum.
We've asked for more space, but are a bit wary of being shunted into a dark corner with no cctv instead of the present spot beside the club store.

Top Bottom