Cycling to football

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Truth

Boardman Hybrid Team 2016 , Boardman Hybrid Comp
Hi Tomma,
I honestly didn't think it was sour grapes mate, I was just pointing out it wasn't all down to big money buys we got promoted and in fairness, even if it was, you still have to spend it wisely.
I think most clubs are involved in dodgy dealings to be honest, no matter at what level they are playing. I am sure our near neighbours Villa and Blues are under the watchful eye of the authorities now!
Back to cycling..... I have never cycled to a match and I think I can say conclusively that I never will :laugh::laugh:.
Cheers
Truth

Sixmile

Veteran
Back to cycling..... I have never cycled to a match and I think I can say conclusively that I never will :laugh::laugh:.
Cheers
Truth

Ah never say never.

I'm waiting for Northern Ireland's 2020 qualifying group being drawn and seeing if there's any epic European cities I can partly ride to!

Truth

That would be fun ! :okay:
Saw your lads lose 4-0 to us in a qualifier at Old Trafford many years ago. Your support was SUPERB and we had a good few beers with them after too ! :notworthy:

Sixmile

Veteran
For us, the return game was a major turning point and almost an unofficial public holiday. I still remember Davis chipping a poor Robinson clearance on the 74th minute to a just about onside Healy and... the rest is history! The party THAT night was something else altogether.

Truth

I tried to get tickets for the return game but had no luck ...... :sad: . We were going to meet up with some of your guys we met in Manchester...... never mind.

tommaguzzi

Über Member
Back to cycling..... I have never cycled to a match and I think I can say conclusively that I never will

try it you might like it. its best to get a super cheapo 20 quid max BSO or even one pulled out of a skip (as i have done many times!) for these types of trips and then even if it gets nicked its no bother.

OP
OP
pjd57

pjd57

Veteran
try it you might like it. its best to get a super cheapo 20 quid max BSO or even one pulled out of a skip (as i have done many times!) for these types of trips and then even if it gets nicked its no bother.

The rack at Celtic Park , and the overflow on the fence beside it usually has a few decent bikes on it. Quite reassuring , they'll nick them before mine....

Seriously , I've been cycling to all the home games for a couple of seasons and haven't heard of any problems with bikes or even lights, pumps etc getting pinched.

OP
OP
pjd57

pjd57

Veteran
i'll bet you wont say its just the same at ibrox. ;-)
It's a very long time since I cycled to Ibrox.

I was still in the fire brigade so just left my bike in the local station.

Brooks

Tottenham have a number of cycle parking sites around the ground that are well used.
I like to enjoy a few pre match pints so I leave the bike at home 😀🚴

R_nger

Guru
Tottenham have a number of cycle parking sites around the ground that are well used.
I like to enjoy a few pre match pints so I leave the bike at home 😀🚴
I’ve considered cycling to Spurs, but what do you do with lights, tools etc?

richmace

Regular
I would suggest you contact the club and ask them.

I have recently started cycling to watch League Two Bristol Rovers, and am enjoying the experience. No traffic worries.

I take my lights in with me, along with a change of clothes.

Any tools I have are locked in a box mounted on the pannier.

Brooks

They have 3 secure sites to leave bikes and it looks like people leave there saddle bags on the bikes. I have Dynamo lights so they are fixed but if not just unclip your lights and put in your pocket I imagine. They do have a bag drop at the corner of Park lane and Worchester avenue but that seems a bit of a faff if you want to get away early.

Top Bottom