Cycling to football

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Truth

Boardman Hybrid Team 2016 , Boardman Hybrid Comp
Tottenham have a number of cycle parking sites around the ground that are well used.
I like to enjoy a few pre match pints so I leave the bike at home 😀🚴
I bet you had a few post match pints after you beat us yesterday ! How you beat us I'll never know , but well done anyway.

Brooks

I bet you had a few post match pints after you beat us yesterday ! How you beat us I'll never know , but well done anyway.
Thanks mate, when we were playing at Wembley and playing well wolves were the best team we faced all season, I was very impressed with them.
Yesterday I was out on a ride all day but I did have a nice glass of red when I got home. 🍷😀

Gixxerman

Guru
When I saw the title I thought it was going to be about cycling to play football.
I used to do that a bit when I was in my 30s & 40's.
Once cycled 10 miles to an away game, played 90 minutes, then cycled back with 3 pints in me.
My teammates thought I was off my head.
It kept me bloody fit though.
I think it would about kill me if I tried doing that now at 56.

R_nger

Guru
Thanks mate, when we were playing at Wembley and playing well wolves were the best team we faced all season, I was very impressed with them.
Yesterday I was out on a ride all day but I did have a nice glass of red when I got home. 🍷😀
I was at that game, Kane scored a worldy- but Wolves were sensational.

Drago

Legendary Member
I've cycled with my lads to games at Northampton Saints - there are places you can leave bikes near to the ticket office. No problem with taking any associated kit into the ground.
Only a problem with a good chance of your bikes not being there upon your retrun in the current bike theft capital of the Midlands.

Ive not had time to read it yet but it looks like you are setting a trend @pjd57 Hail, Hail :okay: https://road.cc/content/news/spurs-and-chelsea-fans-urged-cycle-gamezero-286165

OP
OP
pjd57

pjd57

Veteran
They're behind the times.
Celtic Park has had a Vegan " pie stall " for a couple of years ( that includes the 18 months we couldn't get in )
It's quite funny standing in the queue and seeing folk get to the front then looking at the choices and realising that it's not what they expected
A bit OT but that reminds me of a night in Sligo (after regular places were closed). My mate's a vegan and we spent half the night looking for something he could eat. We eventually found a place advertising 'Vegetable Burgers'. He bit in and almost threw up. It was a regular (meat) burger with a bit more vegetables than normal :wacko::laugh:

OP
OP
pjd57

pjd57

Veteran
A bit OT but that reminds me of a night in Sligo (after regular places were closed). My mate's a vegan and we spent half the night looking for something he could eat. We eventually found a place advertising 'Vegetable Burgers'. He bit in and almost threw up. It was a regular (meat) burger with a bit more vegetables than normal :wacko::laugh:
After a boozy night out in Sveti Vlas ( in Bulgaria ) a load of us wandered up to a street kebab stall.
I'm struggling to explain what I want to one of the young guys dishing out the food until his older wiser colleague said " chicken kebab, no chicken "
Tasted great, but I was rather full of excellent local beer .

Truth

Boardman Hybrid Team 2016 , Boardman Hybrid Comp
After a boozy night out in Sveti Vlas ( in Bulgaria ) a load of us wandered up to a street kebab stall.
I'm struggling to explain what I want to one of the young guys dishing out the food until his older wiser colleague said " chicken kebab, no chicken "
Tasted great, but I was rather full of excellent local beer .
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
Follow , Follow (sorry!)

OP
OP
pjd57

pjd57

Veteran
Haven't been on posting for a while.

Still cycling to the games at Celtic Park.
Last night was the first midweek game this year that I didn't have to worry about frost on the way home. Weather wise it's not been too bad this winter and no more riding in the dark after afternoon games , until December.

Numbers taking their bikes is creeping up all the time.
But if we ever get to even 1% of the crowd , finding space for 600 bikes will be a challenge

Top Bottom