Cycling to football

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
pjd57

pjd57

Veteran
Rains off , so it looks good to go for another Champions league qualifier .

I nearly always cycle to the footy, even last night for a pre-season friendly against Wolves.

I had intended in driving, but couldn't find any spaces, so I drove home, jumped on the Pinarello and off I went, got there, in my seat, bike locked up with 5 minutes before kick off...Just a shame we lost 1-0

20293017_10155634576989198_1383068230900182052_n.jpg

simon.r

Person
Last time I was at the rugby...and you could buy a (very expensive) pint in the stadium. Neither of which you can do at a football game..

Beer is on sale pre-match and at half time in every stadium I've been to in the last few years. Except European games* for some reason.

As a LCFC fan I now have some knowledge of this^_^

Slick

Guru
Rains off , so it looks good to go for another Champions league qualifier .
Even though I know Glasgow to be blue and white, I wish you and your team well tonight. Would be good to see at least one team let Europe know that we still sometimes play the game up here. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
pjd57

pjd57

Veteran
Even though I know Glasgow to be blue and white, I wish you and your team well tonight. Would be good to see at least one team let Europe know that we still sometimes play the game up here. :thumbsup:

Aye right.

Glasgow hasn't been blue and white for a very long time.

Police Scotland seemed very concerned for my welfare after the game.

Just on my bike for 10 seconds when one of their motorcycle guys comes over and asks me " where are you going "

Home, I replied.
Then I added , " Maryhill"

He just said " be careful there's a lot of pedestrians "

No kidding......about 55,000.

Hundred yards down the road , at the first junction another one approached me and said " best just getting off and walking over, the traffic won't be moving for a while"

Again stating the obvious.
Got home no bother then I was saying to the Mrs about this .
We reckon they must have been looking for someone, who was on a bike as both of them came up close to utter these words of wisdom.

Last edited:

mustang1

Guru
There are cyclists who watch football???? Goodness me. You'll be telling me there's cyclists with tattoos soon....
Actually that reminds me, I've never ever seen a doctor with a tattoo. Do they not have tattoos or just don't have them visible?

MiK1138

Veteran
I have started taking my bike to Celtic Park for matches.
It's quicker, cheaper and easier.
No parking problems either.
There is a cycle rack next to the club store and plenty more across the road at the velodrome.
The club/ stewards have no issues around taking a bag in with your helmet etc.
Only minus is not being allowed in with water bottles , but all in ,it's been a positive experience.
Are other clubs as welcoming ?
I was tempted to cycle to Celtic Park last night but met my Brother in the pub instead, I didn't know there was a rack next to the superstore. of course after that performance I might have ridden under a bus on the way home HH

OP
OP
pjd57

pjd57

Veteran
I was tempted to cycle to Celtic Park last night but met my Brother in the pub instead, I didn't know there was a rack next to the superstore. of course after that performance I might have ridden under a bus on the way home HH
Hearts next ....see you there

gavgav

Guru
Shrewsbury Town actively encourage people to cycle to their ground....I've just remembered this fact. Loads of cycling spaces, but how secure, I haven't found out yet! Always gone by train. Maybe one day I'll make it to a match in Scotland :smile: but it won't be a Rangers game! Either Celtic, Aberdeen, Dundee appeal to me
Yes lots of people cycle to games at Shrewsbury (now known as The Montgomery Waters Meadow.....RIDICULOUS!!). It's very safe, with a number of bike racks to lock them to. Although it might be different when Hereford come to Town ;):whistle:

Top Bottom