Cycling to football

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Yes lots of people cycle to games at Shrewsbury (now known as The Montgomery Waters Meadow.....RIDICULOUS!!). It's very safe, with a number of bike racks to lock them to. Although it might be different when Hereford come to Town ;):whistle:
That's a Gay name for a football stadium!

OP
OP
pjd57

pjd57

Veteran
Reply from Aberdeen re cycle rack.
Took a while , but they have one.

No sure if I can cycle that far though.

Sixmile

Veteran
Did you cycle 53 miles to get there ?

Nope. Got a lift down with a friend. There's no way I'd get enough 'leave' on a Saturday to do 100+ miles AND watch a match 50 miles away from home!

clf

Man City , best way to get away avoiding huge queue for the tram. Cycling through the departing masses is like a computer game.
Where do you leave it at City, is it secure and is there someone with an eye on it?

OP
OP
pjd57

pjd57

Veteran
Another hassle free visit to Celtic Park.

Straight there. No delays. No looking for a parking space. No closed roads after the match ( security they say)
No "fees " to the local car watching mafia.

Home in under an hour.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I used to cycle to Accrington Stanley. The stewards let me chain my bike up outside the ground,the bit near to where i stood, so i could keep an eye on it. Like the OP's case,they were a bit funny about me taking my water bottle in,saying i could use it as a "missile". They didn't bother when i took my metal tea/coffee flask in though,when not cycling:rolleyes: Now if i go there on my bike,i leave it at a friend's house across the road. It's safer there and it's easier to get away,after the match.

Last edited:

furbo

Where do you leave it at City, is it secure and is there someone with an eye on it?
There's lots of racks around the peripheral road around the stadium, I always lock it of course and always seem to be plenty of orange jacketed folk around.
Never had a problem so far.......

Top Bottom