Cycling to the airport

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Tin Pot

Tin Pot

Guru
Hi again all, thanks for the advice so far. The madcap plan hasn't fallen apart yet.

I'm using Heathrow Terminal 5 into Dublin T1. BA.

Does anyone know if the R132 northbound is cyclable?

@Sixmile ?

Reactions: mjr
OP
OP
Tin Pot

Tin Pot

Guru
Stage 1 complete.

IMG_7342.JPG
IMG_7343.JPG

:smile:

OP
OP
Tin Pot

Tin Pot

Guru
Was there no haggis available?
Not in the Aspire Lounge, no. ;)

Biked over from Weybridge to Heathrow - tried sending the route from google maps to my email, opened it on the phone but the directions weren't being sent to the watch, at least not in the way Apple Maps does.
:bicycle:
So got a little lost a few times, it was a pleasant enough ride until the roundabout on the A3044 - that perturbed me and drew some abuse.

Nevertheless got into T5, packed up the bike fairly quickly and checked it in without problem.

Going through security in Lycra was an experience, especially as they decided to search me. "Not many places to hide things on me..!".
:shy:
I was surprised the executive Lounge were charging to use the shower, but I didn't really need it.
:cheers:
Now enjoying the free beer and worrying about my bike...stage 2 will be unpacking it in about three hours... :eek:

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Not in the Aspire Lounge, no. ;)

:bicycle:
So got a little lost a few times, it was a pleasant enough ride until the roundabout on the A3044 - that perturbed me and drew some abuse.

Well I did say that's the worst bit. I go round it as you did every commute, and you really do have to be assertive, still hate that part. There are some plans to improve the rather bumpy cyclepath up between the reservoirs, but nothing I've seen to make that roundabout any better.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Well done @Tin Pot! :okay:

Top Bottom