Cycling UK Advice Coronavirus

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

I think they are all only not committing themselves due to the concern that the lock down may get more stringent,

Tom B

Guru
I'm not 70+ but the idea of social isolation appeals!

Thought I'd try social desolation yesterday. Spent two hours behaving like a hoon on the MTB and didn't see a soul until i got back to the unusually quiet towns. Then for some reason people didn't want to come near me

1584699030717.png

1584699203387.png

OP
OP
lane

lane

Veteran
There is also a lot of confusion on the local Facebook group this morning regarding the difference between social distancing and self isolation and who should be doing what. No doubt the new Government slogan "stay home save lives" will just add more confusion.

Randombiker9

Ah, Cycling UK, those famous health and epidemiology experts.

It seems simple to me:

The second paragraph it's ok to carry onc cycling if you're not infected.

The third paragraph, if you're self isolating because you're either infected or been in close contact with someone who is infected, then you should stay indoors.

However...

The first paragraph is wrong. The advice for high risk groups is not to self-isolate, but to socially distance themselves. Self isolation is for people who are infected or who have been in close contact with someone who is infected.

Ignore any advice from me, or your neighbour, or Dr Nothing, the self appointed professor of bollocks who wants only to get his face on telly, and even CUK. Take such advice from the NHS website only.

exactly, anyway if you have to go out cycling is better than buses etc.. anyway I’m out At animal which is volunteering and everyone’s just distancing or like sitting a foot part from each other. Because even though no one has got it yet a lot of the staff have asthma or diabeties and some volunteers are the same etc...

Drago

Legendary Member
Because he dresses up as Osama Bin Laden when he goes out.

Ajax Bay

Guru
At animal which is volunteering and . . . even though no one has got it yet a lot of the staff have asthma or diabeties and some volunteers are the same etc...
You and the other volunteers "like sitting a foot part from each other" (31cm!!!), don't know that "no one has got it". When each of us catches this, it won't be from someone we know "has got it", it'll be a passing probably assymptomatic contact, direct from mouth or via deposited droplets on surfaces you have touched and transfered to body orifice.

From the vehicles I saw out, whilst on my ride it was just like any other Sunday. I can`t think that they were all after toilet rolls. There were more cyclists than I usually see, mostly in twos and also couples which is nice too and plenty of walkers. The weather may have had a part in this with the glorious sunshine.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I have to go shopping from time to time where I am at considerably more risk than out on my bike where I need have close contact with nobody. If anybody says I might fall off and need attention then I can go on three wheels where even that risk is minimised. I do not have trike tyres suitable for forest tracks but I can check them out. Problem there is these tracks are probably jammed with people so I am more isolated on the road.

Top Bottom