Cycling UK Advice Coronavirus

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I posted that to clarify that the Stravawankers reference was a direct quote of the account name, not a personal attack by Matticus, as some seem to have misinterpreted it.

However, Mr Skipper didn’t need to do a ride that long, it wasn’t essential. He might earn his income from cycle races as a pro but he wasn’t in one in this instance so the exemption of ‘going to work’ doesn’t apply.

Simply put, he was taking the piss.
Thanks. And yes I was just passing on news (forgive me for referencing the obscure new website known as "Twitter", Your Honour (: )

OP
OP
lane

lane

Veteran

Landsurfer

Veteran
Isn't the whole thing about exercise guidance ... not law ?
The Police can uphold the Law ... but not Guidance ...

Get in your car, alone, drive ... ride ... drive home alone .... how can you possibly add to the issue ?
The bullies in society always make themselves known when things get tough ... they bully .. they don't help ...

Last edited:

Venod

Eh up
In ASDA today was the remaining Chuckle Brother, he was standing very close to someone, so I shouted over, two metre you.

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
and people with dogs . Still driving for a dog walk.
My brother has to drive his dog to the park as she's very arthritic but still young and enthusiastic enough to want to get out in green space and not just hobble around the local pavements.

Can't see a genuine reason for driving somewhere to cycle though in the current circumstances especially given how quiet the roads are

Landsurfer

Veteran
My brother has to drive his dog to the park as she's very arthritic but still young and enthusiastic enough to want to get out in green space and not just hobble around the local pavements.

Can't see a genuine reason for driving somewhere to cycle though in the current circumstances especially given how quiet the roads are
I live on top of a substantial hill .... i have a heart condition and an implanted device .... i can ride for miles .. but climbing hills is not good for me .. So i drive to the bottom of the hill, cycle, then drive back up the hill .........."My Ride Today .." posts are a bit of a give away ....
Exercise is essential for my health, swimming pools are closed, i have to avoid impact exercise ... so cycling it is ...
Swimming in pools sucks, I only swim in the sea ....
Cycling is my 44 year passion, and my 56 year source of fun .....^_^

Last edited:

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I live on top of a substantial hill .... i have a heart condition and an implanted device .... i can ride for miles .. but climbing hills is not good for me .. So i drive to the bottom of the hill, cycle, then drive back up the hill ..........
Exercise is essential for my health, swimming pools are closed, i have to avoid impact exercise ... so cycling it is ...

You have made a case for ignoring the 'exercise must begin at home' restriction, but not a valid one.

Walking is not an impact exercise.

You can get all the essential exercise you need by walking from home, so you have no essential need to cycle.

I have limited sympathy with the argument that only driving half a mile up and down a hill is not a massive breach of the restrictions.

It is still a breach, and could have a negative impact in that people may see you doing it, which undermines the compliance of others.

Mention of seeing bikes on a car roof has been made in this thread.

You do have the option of getting all the essential exercise you need and fully complying with the restrictions.

That is the option you should take.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Last edited:
Top Bottom