Cyclist dies after collision with minibus in Blackburn.

Discussion in 'Advocacy and Cycling Safety' started by PaulB, 7 Jun 2018.

1. PaulB

PaulB Guru

2. Biker Joe

Biker Joe Über Member

That is very sad news indeed. My thoughts go out to his friends and family in these distressing times.

Sister Sheila and Drago like this.
  3. I hate these things. So sad.

Biker Joe likes this.
  4. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

RIP.

Driver of the bus was unharmed. FFS. No shoot sherlock

Sixmile and Slick like this.
  5. matiz

matiz Über Member

Nobody's safe I've just heard a 14 yr old boy was killed yesterday afternoon in my town Weymouth,he was in a collision with a artic.

6. classic33

classic33 Legendary Member

Police are now seeking anyone with dashcam footage, or witnessed it to come forward.

7. Vantage

Vantage The dogs chew toy

8. Reiver

Reiver Legendary Member

Accy cyclist likes this.
  9. numbnuts

numbnuts Legendary Member

You never quite know when your time is up, treat every day as your last - RIP

Blue Hills and Biker Joe like this.
  10. This is the first i've heard of this. The roundabout at Whitebirk is horrendous. I've never cycled round it and have no intention of ever doing so. I know of some who have. They must be crackers! When i want to get to Blackburn on my bike i use the cycle/ped crossings that are available,to bypass it.

PK99 likes this.
  11. Drago

Drago Guru

Very very sad.

12. Still live in Great Harwood and thanks for the concern!:okay:

classic33 likes this.
  13. Damn,i've just seen his picture and i know him! He was one of my customers on my window round. I was only talking to him a few weeks ago. He always asked me about cycling when we met. The last time i saw him he passed me on a touring bike. I said to him that i didn't know he was a cyclist as well. He replied telling me that he'd cycled all over Europe. His wife died two years ago last month,after a short illness. I was only in the cemetery yesterday and wondered why her grave was a bit shabby as he used to put fresh flowers on every week. Now i know why. I'm sat here with a tear in my eye as i post. Then some of us(me included) think we've had some bad luck in our lives! Rest In peace Robert!

Last edited: 7 Jun 2018
    Slick likes this.
  14. The report says it happened on the 5th of May. I've changed my above post because i said i was only talking to him 2 weeks ago. Well obviously it was longer ago than i thought. I'm thinking now that he died that same day he approached me on his bike. :sad:

15. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice