Cyclist dies after collision with minibus in Blackburn.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Biker Joe

Über Member

matiz

Guru
Nobody's safe I've just heard a 14 yr old boy was killed yesterday afternoon in my town Weymouth,he was in a collision with a artic.

classic33

Leg End Member
Nobody's safe I've just heard a 14 yr old boy was killed yesterday afternoon in my town Weymouth,he was in a collision with a artic.
Police are now seeking anyone with dashcam footage, or witnessed it to come forward.

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
This is the first i've heard of this. The roundabout at Whitebirk is horrendous. I've never cycled round it and have no intention of ever doing so. I know of some who have. They must be crackers! When i want to get to Blackburn on my bike i use the cycle/ped crossings that are available,to bypass it.

Drago

Legendary Member
Very very sad.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Damn,i've just seen his picture and i know him! He was one of my customers on my window round. I was only talking to him a few weeks ago. He always asked me about cycling when we met. The last time i saw him he passed me on a touring bike. I said to him that i didn't know he was a cyclist as well. He replied telling me that he'd cycled all over Europe. His wife died two years ago last month,after a short illness. I was only in the cemetery yesterday and wondered why her grave was a bit shabby as he used to put fresh flowers on every week. Now i know why. I'm sat here with a tear in my eye as i post. Then some of us(me included) think we've had some bad luck in our lives! Rest In peace Robert!

Last edited:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
The report says it happened on the 5th of May. I've changed my above post because i said i was only talking to him 2 weeks ago. Well obviously it was longer ago than i thought. I'm thinking now that he died that same day he approached me on his bike. :sad:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
It seems i was right about the date after all. I've just phoned Mrs Accy to tell her and she said she saw the road cordoned off on Tuesday just gone. So it was the 5th of June not the 5th of May ffs! That newspaper is so crap!:angry: She said she saw his bike trapped under the minibus,and it wasn't the big roundabout i mentioned earlier,but the smaller one which i do cycle round. I don't think i'll be going round it again!

OP
OP
PaulB

PaulB

Legendary Member
The report says it happened on the 5th of May. I've changed my above post because i said i was only talking to him 2 weeks ago. Well obviously it was longer ago than i thought. I'm thinking now that he died that same day he approached me on his bike. :sad:

Some clarification needed here. This is shockingly bad 'reporting' from this 'newspaper' as this incident was two days ago, Tuesday, not one month ago! I know this because my wife was one of the first on the scene and she called me to tell me she was going to be late. Seeing her stuck in traffic with an obvious nurses uniform and the NHS logo on her badge, she was asked to offer some assistance but the entire crew were in full flow by the time she got there so no further assistance was required from her. You were probably right in your initial thoughts on when you saw him, the so-called newspaper got this hopelessly wrong.

Top Bottom