Cyclist dies after collision with minibus in Blackburn.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Well, the case is now closed.https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co....bus-driver-spared-jail-after-killing-cyclist/ The driver of the mini bus has been given......... "an eight-month prison sentence, suspended for two years, was disqualified from driving for 21 months and must complete 150 hours’ unpaid work" He's also lost his job and as the hearing was told,he'll have to carry the burden for the rest of his life. It sounds like he was rushing to get to his destination. He looked right before pulling out and just didn't look forward,which led to the cyclist's death. I've since mentioned Robert Worden's death to people and in most cases they've said ..."He was daft to ride that roundabout when there's a cyclist/pedestrian crossing available to use". There isn't though. There is one on the adjoining large roundabout which leads onto the motorway,but not on the smaller one where he was killed. Yes,they have those little islands in the middle of the road where you can make a dash for,but to not only stand yourself in a safe position,but also your bike, to avoid it being clipped is very difficult,as we all know. His death has just been written off as a "Those cyclists just don't help themselves" 'accident'.. :sad:

Slick

Guru
Well, the case is now closed.https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co....bus-driver-spared-jail-after-killing-cyclist/ The driver of the mini bus has been given......... "an eight-month prison sentence, suspended for two years, was disqualified from driving for 21 months and must complete 150 hours’ unpaid work" He's also lost his job and as the hearing was told,he'll have to carry the burden for the rest of his life. It sounds like he was rushing to get to his destination. He looked right before pulling out and just didn't look forward,which led to the cyclist's death. I've since mentioned Robert Worden's death to people and in most cases they've said ..."He was daft to ride that roundabout when there's a cyclist/pedestrian crossing available to use". There isn't though. There is one on the adjoining large roundabout which leads onto the motorway,but not on the smaller one where he was killed. Yes,they have those little islands in the middle of the road where you can make a dash for,but to not only stand yourself in a safe position,but also your bike, to avoid it being clipped is very difficult,as we all know. His death has just been written off as a "Those cyclists just don't help themselves" 'accident'.. :sad:
I really hate that attitude, and this concern that the perpetrator has to carry the burden would bring no solace to me.

Top Bottom