Di2 good or bad?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just had to charge my Di2 battery for the first time today too. Well, I should correct that, I didn't "have to", but the indicator finally said its below 50% charge so I decided I would, as reading up it suggests the best way to extend these batteries is to charge up from 50% or above each time. I'm fairly happy with it as its after 600 miles, with a lot of commuting (i.e. loads of front mech changing) involved. What battery life to miles are others getting out of interest?

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
2800 miles roughly 8-10 months, disconnect the battery after every outing

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
I run seat post battery conversions which have a larger capacity than standard so my systems could not be used as any meaningfull comparision. Based on what people get with the standard battery I should get somewhere in the region of 1200 to 1500 miles on average, possibly more but do not know as I have never had to recharge the battery yet :wahhey:
My larger capacity battery however still weighs less than the standard kit as it does not feature the case holding the batterys, or the bottle cage mounting used most commonly.
I have attached a pic of the seatpost battery I use. The battery is shrink wrapped to ensure its water resistent and then black tape is wrapped round the top and bottom the diameter of the seat post and it simply pushes in place with friction holding it in place.
Never had an issuse even on areo seatposts like the Venge or with the vibration on MTB conversions.
If your still concerned a cork at the bottom of the seatpost adds extra security.

Attachments

• Battery.jpeg
    Battery.jpeg
    74.9 KB · Views: 66

BigTam

Über Member
Just had to charge my Di2 battery for the first time today too. Well, I should correct that, I didn't "have to", but the indicator finally said its below 50% charge so I decided I would, as reading up it suggests the best way to extend these batteries is to charge up from 50% or above each time. I'm fairly happy with it as its after 600 miles, with a lot of commuting (i.e. loads of front mech changing) involved. What battery life to miles are others getting out of interest?

I have clocked up over 300 miles this week, since getting the new bike and still on full green.

I have been really impressed with how smooth it is :becool:

Top Bottom