DIY again, fitting curved acrylic bath panel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member

Levo-Lon

Guru
Lbs....local bath shop init.

Do what most do and nick the bloody things from B&Q..so the next person has this problem. Like your having..im sure you can get them from diy stores or just stick it with a dab of mastic at the bottom..tho that would be a temp job

Valleyjp

Cheers lads. Tried a couple of LBS with absolutely no luck unfortunately. I managed to find one around the side of the bath which was doing naff all so I have recycled that. Hopefully it holds for a while now. :smile:

keithmac

Guru
What Raleighnut says. We liked our suite, as it was a pale cream, but the builder fitted taps at one end and shower at other - meant leaning over for the ladies to do their hair due to the slope end of the bath.

Still cost a fortune keeping the suite, but I switched the bath round, new taps all round, re-plumbed, fitted new shower, re-tiled then fitted marine ply to the side of the bath and tiled the side the same as the walls. Finally sealed it in after a few months after cecking for leaks.

Then.... got a leak.

Farkin plastic tap 'top hats' - they gave way months later, alowing shower water through. Went to a plumbers mercant and bought copper locking nuts/top hats for the taps.

You learn.

I was contemplating turning our bath round, shower one end and taps at the other, would make it far easier to seal on the shower end and less chance of water wicking through the tap to bath joints.

keithmac

Guru
Spent most of this afternoon removing mouldy silicone, ordered a Byretech ultraseal bath kit to do job once and for all..

Fitting a shower screen tomorrow.

10 years after fitting my steel bath I've decided to try and secure the front panel, no clips were supplied and theres no wooden blocks under the edge so I might as well make a solid wooden panel for it..

Top Bottom