Do ghosts exist?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
My mum was in hospital in a very weakened state, a month or so before she died.

My sister went to visit her and ma kept going on about how she'd seen our father walking up and down the corridor. He'd died about 7 years before, so my sister thought ma was hallucinating due to her illness and the cocktail of drugs that she was on.

The old girl had a lifelong belief in ghosts so she was convinced it was our dad's ghost pacing up and down, 'waiting' for her.

My sister was trying to explain that there was no such thing as ghosts, ma was mistaken, just relax, when she looked up and saw our father's ghost walking down the corridor! :eek:

Ma shouted 'See, I told you so - it's your father, he is waiting for me!'

My very startled sister jumped to her feet and ran after the ghost, which turned round, stared into her eyes and ...

... in a strong Coventry accent said "Excuse me love, do you know where the visitor's toilets are, I'm busting!" :laugh:

(Sis did say that the old chap's resemblance to our father was striking from a distance, though close up it was obviously not him. Or his ghost!)

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Why don't people's experiences of ghosts ever look like the classic 'sheet' ghost?
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTUbiFKgia6ZI-Sw06H_332DQ6UiAz7gtZ-IJFj17v3kJkcp5Om.jpg

Primal Scream

Get your rocks off
wireless mate - i've tried turning off a wireless door chime/wireless led lights...

Probably a signal drop out, do you get tamper alarms (panel bleeping) when then system is switched off or only a full alarm when it is switched on?. What make is the system and when was the last inspection carried out?.

400bhp

Guru
panel only seems to beep when the system is off (i.e. not when it's alarmed).

It's a eurosec and was serviced a month ago.

I just don't want to be fed BS when the service engineers come around and tell me to buy an new board or somesuch.

Primal Scream

Get your rocks off
Why am I not suprised.

Does the tamper light come on?, do you have to reset it or does it reset itself?

400bhp

Guru
Why am I not suprised.

Does the tamper light come on?, do you have to reset it or does it reset itself?

I have to reset it. Not sure what you mean by tamper light but the unit (and sometimes the outside ringer) goes off, so i have to key in the code, then key in the code again for the on screen message to disappear.

should have also mentioned - the system is a mixture of wired & wireless.

Top Bottom