Do you carry a weapon?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
apparently one risk with bears is startling them - so people are advised to wear bells - a bit like morris dancers. If they hear you coming live-and-let-live seems fine - but making them jump isn't so good. And as a last resort a pepper spray.

Then as someone above has said, you need to distinguish between black bears & grizzly bears. Their dung is a good clue - black bears' dung has bits of nuts & berries in it whilst grizzly bear dung contains bells and smells of pepper...

...I thank you. I'm here all week
Don't think it'd be the bear leaving anything to check!

classic33

Leg End Member
Can you provide proof of this assertion?
God the Father, God the Son & God the Holy Spirit.
No mention of God the Mother or God the Daughter!

apparently one risk with bears is startling them - so people are advised to wear bells - a bit like morris dancers. If they hear you coming live-and-let-live seems fine - but making them jump isn't so good. And as a last resort a pepper spray

Aren't bears fairly intelligent? How long will it take them before the bells stop meaning "somethings coming" and start meaning "dinnertime"?

up hill struggle

someone above has said, you need to distinguish between black bears & grizzly bears. Their dung is a good clue - black bears' dung has bits of nuts & berries in it whilst grizzly bear dung contains bells and smells of pepper...

so would you suggest I ask them to take a dump so I can poke through it and see what kind of bear in about to be attacked by,

there's an idea!

may seeing me poking through its cr@p would be enough to put it off eating me. "I'm not putting my mouth anywhere near that dirty git, I'm off to bite somebody else"

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I didn't know James Bond was from Luton? :smile:
I don't know, his father was a
Andrew Bond from Glencoe Scotland,
and his mother Monique Delacroix, from Switzerland.
So I suppose Luton is within the range of possibilities.
Although Pearson claims Wattenscheid, West Germany.
I was thinking more along the lines of an elegantly tailored yet imminently reliable and tasteful weapon.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Did you hear Canadian Grizzlies are mating with Polar Bears who are moving south cos of climate change?

Know what the baby bears are called? "Growlers". I'm not making this up.
Get out the grenade launchers.
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS0B6_GgxZpf3OURiCyJE5n5Je1HEl0Q91fNhqN-hnDFLaRFXNs.jpg

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
so would you suggest I ask them to take a dump so I can poke through it and see what kind of bear in about to be attacked by,

there's an idea!

may seeing me poking through its cr@p would be enough to put it off eating me. "I'm not putting my mouth anywhere near that dirty git, I'm off to bite somebody else"
You'll probably find some bear bells in the dung, as well.

Top Bottom