Do you consider it rude when...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RWright

Guru
I always offer a thank you for information.

In a similar vein I wish people would come back and tell us the result when they have been given advice.

^what he said

On a lot of forums I will be curious if the advice solved the problem and there will never be a reply from the person asking for help.

boydj

Legendary Member
Really? So interaction with folks on a forum for you is different from face to face? I always believed that politeness should manifest itself in whatever interaction we have, more especially with strangers.
A PM is as close to face to face as you get on a forum and a reply deserves a response - if only to close out the conversation.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
i always think what does it cost to say thank you or to say f<<> o@@

Indeed, and it's not like we have a finite number of forum likes to give out :smile:

Same here. I help because I can, and because I want to, not because I'm expecting something in return.
I feel the same. If someone ever asks for help, I'll give my best to answer but also know that I'm a noob wishing I knew more. Will answer from my limited experience and will hope to give a lot more as I learn. I don't want any thanks for this...I know that people appreciate any effort to help, just as I'm always really grateful that people take a mo to read any posts I make. That's the beauty of a site like this :smile:

You have replied either on a thread or a pm to a "help" type question and you don't get a thank you or even a reply. It has happened a couple of times to me now and I am left wondering if this is normal, anyone else experienced this?

TBO I would be absolutely tampin. Im a lovely person but I will beat the living daylights out of anyone that dont pay me great respect.

Manonabike

Über Member
I do thank people that provide helpful advise but also ignore those that I don't consider that add anything of importance or give information unrelated to the question.

A couple of weeks ago I was reading a post where somebody was looking for a particular piece of information. I remember reading something about it so I went searching for it. PM the member and pointed him in the direction of the information (it needed a pm instead of a public reply)- he did not even bother to say cheers. That I think is rude.

Tim Hall

Many philosophers and religious nut jobs have tried to offer the worlds sagely words of wisdom with regards to relating to our fellow brothers and sisters, but I'm yet to find a more useful mantra than that of Bill and Ted:

Be excellent to each other.
Oddly enough, point 1 of "a few pieces of advice" in Another Place not far from here is:

"Be excellent to each other"

Closely followed at point 2 by "Party on dudes."

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I give lots of tips and help on here, I don't expect a reply. Just the bike works. I have also sent bits to folk, that's between us, and it also builds the community. I give, I don't expect a reply.

That is how a really good forum builds. Folk you actually might really might want to meet in person ?

Top Bottom