Do you look young for your age?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

I got asked for ID when buying booze in Morrison's a few months ago. I am 41 years old.

I had the same in our local Morrisons, asked for ID dispite being mid sixties with grey beard and hair.

OP
OP
Ming the Merciless

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
My daughter used to used to embarrass me when she would come home with her school friends.

'How old is my dad? You wouldn't think he was nearly 50 would you?' Nearly 20 years ago mind you. So I did look younger than my years. Not so sure about that now though. :sad:

View attachment 444263

BTW it doesn't do to fall asleep on the sofa with my grand daughters about.

Sleeping babe in arms

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
I have to show ID to get my pensioner discount at the barbers, I’m 71.

To complete the humblebrag I have a full head of hair.

A coffee shop near me gives a discount to over 65s. I'm disappointed they give me the discount without asking :sad:

It could be worse. Me and two work colleagues went to a local cafe for lunch and all got the daily special, but one was charged £2 less - he'd been charged the OAP rate by the waitress without any prompting. At the time he was 52 :laugh:

Needless to say it's never been mentioned since...

MarkF

Guru
People think I am in my "40's", ok, I accept that they might mean late forties but I am 56 so that's fine.....I work with a childhood schoolmate and nobody believes we are the same age, he looks a lot older. I put it a lot down to genes, my mum is a very young looking 80 & my sister looks nowhere near 55. But the another reason is the "illusion" of youth provided by the gym and anybody can obtain that. :okay:

gavgav

Guru
It’s a continuing point of hilarity in our office, that of the 2 of us in the managerial roles, my boss is continually thought to be older than me....he’s 35 and I’m 41:laugh:.

The best was in a meeting, 5 years ago, when he mentioned he had a big birthday coming up and one of the attendees assumed it was his 40th :laugh:.

Of course I don’t bring this up too much......:whistle:

Top Bottom