Do you ride your n+1s?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
At some point in the year, I'll ride all of the bikes. This year I've ridden the hybrid and the exercise bike. I might ride the genesis tomorrow

the_mikey

Legendary Member
I've ridden 4 out of 5 of my bikes in the last seven days:

1. Rode the Brompton to the cafe on Sunday afternoon.
  2. Rode my Giant Defy 2 Tuesday evening after work.
  3. Rode my Tern folding bike on Wednesday evening.
  4. Rode my Kinesis Racelite T2 on Thursday evening.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Old Raleigh gets used when I don't want my main road bike covered in muck. E.g short cutting wet fields into town. Or if I am going to Tai Chi and don't want to take a change of shoes.

postman

Legendary Member
I ride a Specialized Secteur Elite 105.I also have a Giant Rincon,only for canal path riding.I don't think it could cope with proper mountain tracks.

subaqua

What’s the point
Yes. But the one that is currently just a frame isn't rideable ATM . For obvious reasons . I must make an effort to complete it.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I'm down to 3 bikes now. My old road bike gets most usage & miles, my carbon bike is starting to come out now the weather is better & my tourer gets used very rarely nowadays, I just find it so slow & heavy for general riding, but I'll have to get a tour or 2 planned this year to get it used ^_^

Sandra6

Veteran
I used to have 3.
Shopping bike for shopping - apollo metis
Commuting bike for commuting _spesh vita
Fun bike for fun - cube analogue 29er
I sold the met is so the vita is now the everyday bike and on a sunny day I kid myself going to work is fun by riding the cube.
Hoping to add a folder to the list for times when folding is required

subaqua

What’s the point
Focus Izalco gets ridden all year around as long as its not tipping down - I've heard carbon dissolves at the hint of moisture ;)
The Boardman mountain bike gets ridden all year round if I'm going anywhere near dirt.
The Raleigh Banana is in bits awaiting restoration as is a Triumph at the minute.
The Dawes tandem gets ridden when my wife wants to come along.
The Dawes Galaxy very rarely goes out as I have night mares about how much it cost me to restore it and it takes me a while to forgive myself afterwards :smile:
Now that's sad not using something as it should be. I make airfix models as I like making them and getting detailing right, but I let my boy play with them and they get mullered . And it makes me cringe . But they should be played with.

Same as people who kept Star Wars figures in the pack instead of playing with them.

Still each to their own

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
My tourer gets used for the shopping, The Audax got used this week for the commute to work. The Brommie was used last week as I started at one location and finished miles away in another. The Racing bike gets used for weekend jaunts out around the lanes. The vintage Mercian has been used a few times this year for cafe runs on some saturdays.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
I don't have an N+1 - I just have 6 x N's.

It's not unusual for me to use a different bike each day for commuting and the other one on my days off.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
The Trek's been the workhorse of the fleet ever since I got it (commutes, wet weather, any other time I feel like it), the Viner's the weapon of big rides- all three centuries plus one night ride so far this year. Neither of the other two gets ridden much in comparison. The Condor does much less mileage- according to MCL I last rode it in September (!), it's more of a spare road bike, but it's great in its own right, just pales somewhat next to the Viner. And Chutney the Dahon? When you need a folding bike, you need a folding bike, and it's a great ride anyway. Will be putting it in touring mode for two continental excursions this year. There are two other bikes at the moment, but they have engines....

Last edited:
Top Bottom