Do you use your lights in the day light hours

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sharky

Guru
Yes. Ever since being airlifted to a hospital following an incident when a driver turned in front of me.

Drago

Legendary Member
I've been T boned at night with my lights well and truly lit.

Perhaps a lucky rabbits foot?

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Sometimes but if my lights are on during the day it's because of poor weather conditions or light (for example in the city centre in winter when going in and out of deep shadows created by buildings).

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Only if it's very foggy.

Otherwise if it works and makes you more attention-grabbing, you're basically playing beggar thy neighbour at the expense of other cyclists and people walking, but if it doesn't, you're an ugly nuisance giving motorists the opportunity to claim they were dazzled if they strike you or someone else.

classic33

Leg End Member
Only if it's very foggy.

Otherwise if it works and makes you more attention-grabbing, you're basically playing beggar thy neighbour at the expense of other cyclists and people walking, but if it doesn't, you're an ugly nuisance giving motorists the opportunity to claim they were dazzled if they strike you or someone else.
What do you do where it's mandatory to have lights on during the daytime then?

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Rear light if foggy. Other than that no.

tyred

Legendary Member
My winter fixed wheel bike and my hub geared mountain bike have hub dynamo and LED lights and I never bother to switch them off but I never bother with DRLs on any of my other bikes. I don't think it makes much difference.

classic33

Leg End Member
[QUOTE 4671139, member: 9609"]I will switch my rear flasher on if I have to venture onto a fast road, other than that no - i generally stop to let others pass.[/QUOTE]
What would you class as "a fast road". A what killed the cat question.

Top Bottom