Drago's annual M.O.T. sweepstake

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Worn hand brake cable - will be an advisory, but they'll recommend you park in gear until it is done - unless you have an automatic and then they will just laugh at you for not having a proper car.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Worn hand brake cable - will be an advisory, but they'll recommend you park in gear until it is done - unless you have an automatic and then they will just laugh at you for not having a proper car.
I'll have you know its not merely an auto, its a Geartronic.

Although I leave it in full auto all the time.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Remember - no skid pants security device needs fitting - MOT Tester is Friend (until the heartless b*stard who is the son of a brief union between a horse and an industrial dishwasher fails you :smile: )

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Good news!

Exactly as I predicted - a pass, but with an advisory that the tyres were coming to the end of their lives. No other advisories.

Band news :sad:

I had to wear my Daisy Duke hot pant shorts and chat up the tester to get the pass :eek:

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
My 16 year old Honda CRV diesel went straight through the MOT a couple of weeks ago with one advisory - brake pedal rubber wearing thin.
Jeez! That's scraping the bottom of the barrel. :wacko:
It's in for a service this morning, so it looks like I'll have it for at least another year.
I had an 05 CRV, loved it. Handbrake in the dash was quirky. Had four huge off road tyres on it but the then missus me refused to let me put grills on the windows and Mad Max it by hand painting it Matt black.

Top Bottom