East Yorkshire Big G Cyclosportive 2010 (July)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bandini

Where do you get this from??? The route is basically the same as last year with the same major hills, all seven of them.

The routes longer by nearly 4 miles and slightly more climbing do do in them extra miles, but nothing has got steeper, all the hills on the route have certainly not got higher, unless Macalpine's have increased the height on some of the hills in the past few days.

Top bit of pedantry, Zack! Yes - I meant there is a little more climbing. Obviously :rolleyes:

Shaun

Founder
Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to make it. I emailed the organiser, to see if I could start a lot earlier and it's just not possible, and Mrs. Admin is dead set on me attending Ms. Admin's dance performance, so I'll have to join you all next year.

I've asked the organiser if I can donate my place to someone else - I'll let you know if it becomes available.

Have fun ...

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I've asked the organiser if I can donate my place to someone else - I'll let you know if it becomes available.
Shame you cant make it Shaun. If you cant donate your place to someone, you may as well go & book in & call at the feed station, it will be worth it :rolleyes: We'll have to try & sort another ride out when you are free, maybe a Mr Moos will persuade you ;)

What time are the rest of the 100k CCers wanting to meet up?

Shaun

Founder
Turns out I can donate my place, and it can be used for any of the three rides.

If you wanted to go but couldn't get a place, just PM me and we'll get you on the ride. First come, first served ... :biggrin:

Cheers,

PS. Trev's coming, so say "Hello" if you see him ...

zacklaws

Guru
checked the weather forecast on the bbc site & it shows showers for Saturday :angry: but This site shows sun in the morning & a little cloud in the afternoon :rolleyes:

This site looks better, Sunny all day and a gentle West wind.

http://www.xcweather.co.uk/

Just got back in from doing the 100K ride (took me about 3 hours to take the plunge to do it, I hate the ride that much), 4hrs 7mins, Absolute nightmare on the run in home from Mkt Weighton with tired legs, about a 14mph Easterly which made it a battle to try and hold onto a good speed, when it should be a fast leg home, slightest rest and speed would drop to 11mph instantly and with an avg speed of just over 16mph to hold onto it made it touch and go. East winds are terrible on the Big G

The whole key I find to doing the 100K in the gold time is to ensure that you get to North Dalton with an avg speed of no less than 18mph as from that point it starts getting whittled away in the hills, I managed to stay above 16mph avg all the way untill I hit the top of Nunburnholme, where it dropped to 15.99 but I soon clawed it back.

If I had stopped for the feed station today (simulated), once again it would have been hard to qualify for gold time, last year I stopped for 40 secs according to my Garmin, just long enough for a Red Bull and fill a water bottle before I was away

hulver

Fat bloke on a bike
I'm feeling woefully underprepared for this ride. I've not been on the bike all last week, and I'm not likely to get on it this week.

The nearest I've got to climbing a hill is watching le tour.
icon_sad.gif

I'll be lucky to get a bronze, or a pie at the end.

zacklaws

Guru
I'm feeling woefully underprepared for this ride. I've not been on the bike all last week, and I'm not likely to get on it this week.

icon_sad.gif

Oddly enough, I'm similar, had my daughter stay with me for a while and she went home yesterday, never touched my bike for over a week, but plenty of sweets, chocolate, fish and chips and beer, so all my hard works been undone, my legs ached like hell after the ride today and my knees during the ride which was unusual. Come the day, I should'nt. but I'll have a couple of Nurofen to take

Watching the "Tour" today, I lost my appetite for going down hill fast, it looks more dangerous watching it than doing it, be OK for Saturday though hopefully. Today I lost it on a downhill hairpin and went grass tracking.

Last year, all my plans got scuppered in the week leading up to the Big G, when I had a bad crash, but on the day, I rode well, probably the rest that I got, so hopefully a good rest may do you good too and you could surprise yourself.

Not sure about you tackling it on a fixed though, its going to hurt on a few of the hills.

But if all goes well, it looks like a Westerly wind for that last leg home when your tired.

Arch

Married to Night Train

icon_sad.gif

Ah, however slow you are, I'll be there... ;)

Zack: have you thought about just enjoying the ride without worrying about the time? You seem to be forcing yourself to do something you're hating, and that's a shame. I'm out to have a good ride, test myself a little bit, and meet a few mates. Just finishing will be the goal.

zacklaws

Guru
Ah, however slow you are, I'll be there... ;)

Zack: have you thought about just enjoying the ride without worrying about the time? You seem to be forcing yourself to do something you're hating, and that's a shame. I'm out to have a good ride, test myself a little bit, and meet a few mates. Just finishing will be the goal.

Its not the forcing it bit that I hate, I do that on every ride, Its the Big G route itself, done it that many times now I've got sick of it, but come Saturday it will be all different and more like a Saturday / Sunday club ride and no doubt something to chuckle about enroute and lots of beer's afterwards

Shaun

Founder
Turns out I can donate my place, and it can be used for any of the three rides.

If you wanted to go but couldn't get a place, just PM me and we'll get you on the ride.

First come, first served ... :biggrin:

Cheers,

Fiona N

Veteran
I gave blood yesterday and felt unusually knackered cycling into town this morning - do you think if I ask nicely, they'll give me my blood back on Friday :whistle:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Are CC'ers meeting up?

I'll be in CC kit, say hello if you see me! I think Hulver and I hope to arrive in time to start as close to 8.30 as possible.

What time we finish, of course, I don't know.

Be nice to catch up afterwards, if we happen to see each other - I'll be lingering over my pie I reckon... ;)

Bandini

I'll be in CC kit, say hello if you see me! I think Hulver and I hope to arrive in time to start as close to 8.30 as possible.

What time we finish, of course, I don't know.

Be nice to catch up afterwards, if we happen to see each other - I'll be lingering over my pie I reckon... ;)

I was thinking about that time too :smile: ooh - I just realised the implication behind that statement! You saying I will be a while after you? ;)

Top Bottom