Electric scooters.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Kent Police considering a zero tolerance approach and too crush e scooters used on the road.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-66079951
This will mean more high speed chases to catch the culprits first.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Kent Police considering a zero tolerance approach and too crush e scooters used on the road.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-66079951
This will mean more high speed chases to catch the culprits first.

I see a bloke on the B2B Railway Path, full face motorcycle helmet, goggles, gloves, elbow & knee pads riding quite large escooter, bigger wheels & battery compartment. He's not out for a 15mph pootle in that clobber....

i've just had to overtake an electric scooter using the road. at first i was annoyed at having to slow down and pass this thing but i quickly changed my thought. they are probably better on the road as it's safer to be away from pedestrians... the debate continues

classic33

Leg End Member
i've just had to overtake an electric scooter using the road. at first i was annoyed at having to slow down and pass this thing but i quickly changed my thought. they are probably better on the road as it's safer to be away from pedestrians... the debate continues
The road is where they should be used, not pavements. They are a motorised vehicle, albeit illegal in most cases.

How would drivers cope with vehicles that couldn't even reach 20mph, if their numbers increased. They can't use bus lanes, where cyclists can, or cycling facilities.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
The road is where they should be used, not pavements. They are a motorised vehicle, albeit illegal in most cases.

How would drivers cope with vehicles that couldn't even reach 20mph, if their numbers increased. They can't use bus lanes, where cyclists can, or cycling facilities.

What of the rule that prevents motorised traffic from using a mandatory cycle lane with a sold white line to enter the ASL?. Under current law, it would be illegal for them to use, not that it stops anyone plus escooterists don't seem to realise that painted cycle lanes on the left hand side of the road are mono-directional...not a quick short cut!.

Drago

Legendary Member
The roadvve t is where they should be used, not pavements. They are a motorised vehicle, albeit illegal in most cases.

I daresay those drivers who get upset will take to Twitter to vent their outrage. That'll learn 'em.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler

Interesting situation. For the ones that are already illegal, does using bus lanes or cycle facilities make them even more illegal?

Top Bottom