End to end 2010?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bonkers

New to the site so a big hello to you all.

A big ask to begin with I'm afraid but I am looking to cyle John o Groats to Lands End in 2010, preferably during the summer months.

Ideally looking for an organised event with a larger number of participants. Does anyone know of such an event?

Also looking to find a cycling buddy in Shrewsbury shropshire area?

Im 47, reasonably fit and did a fair bit of pleasure cycling a few years ago

Thanks

Ball

Hiya,

I attempted LEJoG earlier this year, and due to a combination of awful weather, too much baggage and my partner's knees we only made it to Edinburgh. Ever since I've been desperate to do it again.

I don't know of any large, organised group efforts, only the massive London-Edinburgh-London ride. But I'd love to be involved in a group effort next summer if that's what you're thinking of doing?

Tom

CJR1100

I shall be doing it in 2010, and I will finnish before the 27th of June,as I am going to be 00 I just cant type the age.

wyno70

Was going to mention the ride across Britain but 'Ball' beat me to it. It's being organised by James Cracknell in aid of the paralympics. Looking at the itineray, they've set a pretty tough schedule in terms of mileage and climbing. Would be good to do in a large organised group though.

Cost just over £1000 and it's going to take place in June.

To be honest I can't wait that long and am setting off tomorrow!!

michael 50

End to End 2010

Hi Bonkers

Check this out http://www.spoonchallenges.com/rte.asp?id=17

I've signed up with a good friend of mine I live Ashford middx he lives cambridge we're training together at a distance. I'm celebrating 50 this Saturday. Seemed like a good idea at the time. Speak to Kirsty quickly it's full but she thinks they may squeeze 1 or 2 more in. Let me know.
Good luck.
Michael

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I expect to be doing it in 2010. I had everything planned for this year but last minute work committments meant I didn't have time. Aiming at 80 -90 miles a day in late June / early July using B&Bs. Would be happy to join a group if there was something being organised. The two links posted here would be too fast for me.

andrew miners

your welcome to come along with us beginning june 25th two of us are doing lejog and back! in ten days but if youd like a one way from lands end come along its a big mileage 180per day stay in hostels and bb, we have a support vehicle etc so no worries there , just drop me a line!

p90ade

What sort of mileage are you thinking per day? I'm doing it mid august john o groats to landsend, a mixture or camping and b&b ( but it may end up b&b all the way) I'm looking at 80-90 miles a day, train there and back. I'm near Wolverhampton.

PK99

Legendary Member
Bonkers said:
New to the site so a big hello to you all.

A big ask to begin with I'm afraid but I am looking to cyle John o Groats to Lands End in 2010, preferably during the summer months.

Ideally looking for an organised event with a larger number of participants. Does anyone know of such an event?

Also looking to find a cycling buddy in Shrewsbury shropshire area?

Im 47, reasonably fit and did a fair bit of pleasure cycling a few years ago

Thanks

there are a number of companies who oraginse lejog holidays

http://www.bikeadventures.co.uk/

thes do trips from 3 weeks to 9 days

robgul

Legendary Member
I would suggest that just 2 or 3 people riding together would be more pleasant - and a lot of the fun of the ride is in the planning.

See www.cycle-endtoend.org.uk for loads of info and other people's experiences (I have to own up that it's my site ... and Journal No 176 is the ride I did in 2005 ... doing it the other way in 2010)

Rob

andrew miners

we are looking for any rider/s who would like to join our lejog this summer 25th june
both ways but feel free to did it up/down with us mileage is quite big 180avg per day hostels and bb and support vehicle , two radios etc takint the record route .
see trace of previous route at www.edwhiting.com/lejog

Alfresco1

I'm doing a solo unsupported LEJOG in early July over 12 days using mainly youth hostels (Youth? Who am I kidding?) and some B&Bs. There do seem to be plenty of organised group LEJOG/JOGLE events though if that's what you're after.

Top Bottom