Energy bill increases

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
I think it's just an experiment to see what people are prepared to do, I would think that the peak time is 4pm until 7pm & they are trying to come up with a way to encourage people to consider their usage between those hours. If they can reduce the peak, then presumably they can refrain from building the network up further, or at least in the short term.

However the cynic may say they are also experimenting as to when they put the high rates in to curb demand via Smart meters

but we all one one fixed rate at the moment via the government unit rate cap ( if on standard flexible plan)......and as we are contracted for that and not for low peak and high peak tariffs that wont change......unless your on their agile plan

D

Deleted member 26715

Perhaps a bit earlier.
Yes it was very much a finger in the air type of guesstimate
but we all one one fixed rate at the moment via the government unit rate cap ( if on standard flexible plan)......and as we are contracted for that and not for low peak and high peak tariffs that wont change......unless your on their agile plan
I have no faith that will not be the case, I feel, again a very much finger in the air type approach, that within 5 years peak rates will be introduced to try to flatten the demand peak.

jowwy

Yes it was very much a finger in the air type of guesstimate

I have no faith that will not be the case, I feel, again a very much finger in the air type approach, that within 5 years peak rates will be introduced to try to flatten the demand peak.

but we on solar my man.....you and i will be good, cause we made the jump to be partially sustainable

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Agile and various economy 7/6/4 tariffs are still in use, but not all are open to new switchers at present. As well as some people still on long cheap fixes. It's not true that everyone is on the 34p/kWh flat cap.

jowwy

Agile and various economy 7/6/4 tariffs are still in use, but not all are open to new switchers at present. As well as some people still on long cheap fixes. It's not true that everyone is on the 34p/kWh flat cap.

look at what i put in brackets

D

Deleted member 26715

but we on solar my man.....you and i will be good, cause we made the jump to be partially sustainable

It's not good at this time of year, mine has done very little for the past few days

jowwy

It's not good at this time of year, mine has done very little for the past few days

already on 5kwh's for today......not a cloud in the sky since 8am

1669895356520.png

1669895371878.png

Alex321

Veteran
I think it's just an experiment to see what people are prepared to do, I would think that the peak time is 4pm until 7pm & they are trying to come up with a way to encourage people to consider their usage between those hours. If they can reduce the peak, then presumably they can refrain from building the network up further, or at least in the short term.

However the cynic may say they are also experimenting as to when they put the high rates in to curb demand via Smart meters

Their agile tariff is based on the half-hourly rate wholesale rate they are charged. Both for import and export (but with different multipliers so they make a profit, obviously).

And that half hourly rate is almost always highest between about 4PM and 7PM.

Alex321

Veteran
already on 5kwh's for today......not a cloud in the sky since 8am

We're only about 30 miles South of you, and haven't seen any sun so far today. Battery has gone up from 5% to 12%, where each 1% is about 0.16kWh, and it is showing 0.365kWh "production", so a total of round about 1.5kWh generated so far.

jowwy

We're only about 30 miles South of you, and haven't seen any sun so far today. Battery has gone up from 5% to 12%, where each 1% is about 0.16kWh, and it is showing 0.365kWh "production", so a total of round about 1.5kWh generated so far.

we on 6.3kwh.....but remember i'm 1600ft (approx) above sea level, the fog has been below us in the valley

Petrichorwheels

I think that's the point.
If they're asking you to go without electricity for the evening - who would do that ?
This is just taking the peak off the demand.

Start cooking after 6pm instead of on the dot of 5.

Why so suspicious?

Not suspicious at all - just that I would have expected the "reward" to be at a different timeslot.

Top Bottom