Energy bill increases

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The increases have made me focus on my electric usage more closely. Checking the smart meter I noticed a higher usage than normal and found out that the new lamp hasn't got an energy saving bulb in. Put one in and reduced the energy usage on it by 2/3.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
octopus put mine onto my account, so im £66 in credit now, so it can go against the joint energy bill

Mike_P

Guru
Shell have just sent me an email of an updated direct debit of £144 with small text below saying the £66 deduction is not included in the figure.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The increases have made me focus on my electric usage more closely. Checking the smart meter I noticed a higher usage than normal and found out that the new lamp hasn't got an energy saving bulb in. Put one in and reduced the energy usage on it by 2/3.

If it's a halogen swapped to a LED, you'll use just 10%. We had a light with 8 x 20w capsule halogens in (energy saving), swapped to 2w LED, and also no heat output.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I checked my billing statement with SP, and it said £66 energy credit on account then a £66 debit - I suppose each supplier is dealing with it different.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
When i switched to octopus last week, i had to pay a one off direct debit to them of £302 and then after that a variable DD for payment of used energy. So as of now with the Rebate off £66 i am £368 in credit, plus on the 16th i will have the £50 referal added to my account. so in essence £418 in credit for the start of winter, im hoping after the solar gets fitted next week, that i wont be paying much of any bills for a few months as the credit gets drawn down and then i'll be adding to that by selling solar back to the grid.

presta

Guru
Shell have just sent me an email of an updated direct debit of £144 with small text below saying the £66 deduction is not included in the figure.

Shell say that they'll deduct the £66 from your Direct Debit, but they haven't, they've just added it to the credit on my account and the DD hasn't changed:
1665681608592.png

1665681643566.png

They're also claiming my consumption has gone up ~80% when it hasn't.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
We’ve returned from a weeks holiday. Looking at the smart meter data it cost £1 a day when we aren’t in house and things are just ticking over. With roughly 50% of that being standing charges. It splits 75% electric and 25% gas near enough.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Shell say that they'll deduct the £66 from your Direct Debit, but they haven't, they've just added it to the credit on my account and the DD hasn't changed:
View attachment 664435

View attachment 664437
They're also claiming my consumption has gone up ~80% when it hasn't.
Shell here too: yes, they increased my DD to 113 (!!! I live alone, not wfh either) but then they credit the 66 separately.
I think they estimate an increase not because we increase the consumption, but because the prices went up again.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Taking into account the increased prices & the £66 rebate, my direct debit this month was £18.14 to Bulb (dual fuel)

Next month (and until the rebate ends) it will be £50 as I've increased it to the maximum they would allow to build up a bit of credit as I expect to be using more energy being at home more now.

Top Bottom