Etape Caledonia has sold out!

Will you be in Pitlochry on the 16th of May

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

adscrim

Veteran
With over 4500 people having registered to take part on the 16th of May, IMG have distributed a press release stating the event's full; but how many of the entrants visit here?

Thought it would be good to get an idea of who was going to be there, and what kind of times were being aimed for.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
That's 2 of us :tongue:

I'll be there. As for time....mmmm. Not sure. I did the Trossachs Ton (100 miles) in about 6 hours 30mins. The TT has bigger hills (I think) and the roads weren't closed at the TT, and I am commuting over a longer distance with a few 10-12% hills in it. However, I'm not sure I'll manage as many training rides this year. Mmmm. I'd be happy to beat 5 hours 30 mins. Not sure if I will though...

OP
OP
adscrim

adscrim

Veteran
magnatom said:
Not sure if I will though...

It’s all dependent on who is around you. If you’re surrounded by people that don’t mind keeping it tight and sharing the work it’s obviously going to be more beneficial. That's what I'm hoping for (and require) to meet my target time of 4.5hrs.

Backswing

Hoping to complete in around the 5.5hr mark, but with training runs this year, so far, being few and far between I'll have to get the finger out and get some miles clocked up.

adscrim said:
It’s all dependent on who is around you. If you’re surrounded by people that don’t mind keeping it tight and sharing the work it’s obviously going to be more beneficial. That's what I'm hoping for (and require) to meet my target time of 4.5hrs.

That's true. I did work in groups for the first third of the TT which was great fun! I kinda lost them when I hit Dukes Pass. However, I am better at hill climbing this year than last, so who knows...

Waspie

Über Member
I'm going for under 4.5.

My computer time last year was 4:11 ish I think, but that was for the shortened route.
Food stops would add a bit to that time, so 4.5 is a bit ambitious I suspect but it will give me something to aim for.

On the other sportives I've done I was more concerned about finishing with my dignity intact but I'm fairly happy with the distance and difficulty of the Etape Caledonia (or I should be provided I get the miles in once the weather improves), so I will be going flat out (for me!) for a decent time.

OP
OP
adscrim

adscrim

Veteran
weeeck42 said:
Hi anyone know of anyone who now can't make the event and is willing to sell there place to me. As usual i have left it too late, contact me at alexcamley02@yahoo.co.uk

Alex

I don't think they allow you to sell places on. From memory, they asked for photo id at the registration last year which would rule you out of using someone elses place. Contact MacMillan or IMG as they may be accepting places still. Entry list was at 4511 last time I check so I imagine they don't have a concrete ceiling at 4500.

kfinlay

Must Try Harder
adscrim said:
If you’re surrounded by people that don’t mind keeping it tight and sharing the work it’s obviously going to be more beneficial. That's what I'm hoping for (and require) to meet my target time of 4.5hrs.

+1 for that and it's my first sportive so I've no idea what to expect. Hopefully be able to pick a few brains at a CC Ecosse RV ride sometime. Also still not comfy on my bike for more than 2 hrs :ohmy: but getting better week by week as no longer have leg, knee or hip pain just bum bone pain after (only after about 1hr 45min).

Stephen-D

kfinlay said:
+1 for that and it's my first sportive so I've no idea what to expect. Hopefully be able to pick a few brains at a CC Ecosse RV ride sometime. Also still not comfy on my bike for more than 2 hrs :ohmy: but getting better week by week as no longer have leg, knee or hip pain just bum bone pain after (only after about 1hr 45min).

Im going to, i live 40 miles south of pitlochry so im hoping its not going to be to bad to get to, if anyone from fife or Lothians is taking a bus or transport etc i would gladly pay to tag along :biggrin:

Its my first sportive so im really looking forward to it, will have my new bike for it and everything.

Hey HLaB, good to hear from you again. I hope all is well with you.

If you do make it, I'll be taking the bungie cord.....;)

Top Bottom