etape countdown

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
B-B-BikeyStrike! said:
This is my first Etape. I'm coming up on Friday, staying in Perth. What happens on the Fridays and Saturdays before the race? Is there a jolly knees up in Pitlochry?

Aye everyone gets drunk on orange juice! It's a race man! No heavy drinking! :ohmy:;)

Seriously, it's my first as well, so I have no idea! :ohmy:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
B-B-BikeyStrike! said:
This is my first Etape. I'm coming up on Friday, staying in Perth. What happens on the Fridays and Saturdays before the race? Is there a jolly knees up in Pitlochry?
As referred to by HJ earlier, there are a series of cycling-related events taking place around Highland Perthshire.

Plus, of course, there is the CC Informal Meet-up - being arranged by Magnatom, I believe .... :ohmy: :ohmy:

Graeme Obree is leading off the event/race.

scoosh said:
As referred to by HJ earlier, there are a series of cycling-related events taking place around Highland Perthshire.

Plus, of course, there is the CC Informal Meet-up - being arranged by Magnatom, I believe .... :ohmy: :ohmy:

Graeme Obree is leading off the event/race.

Umm, err, but everytime I make a suggestion, no-one replies! :sad::smile:

I'm still waiting for someone with local knowledge to suggest a place to meet, unless you want to have a party in my room at the Backpackers Hostel :biggrin:

sleekitcollie

i,ve not entered this event ( mabey nxt year;) ) but had a thought of mabey coming up as a spectator ( promise not to bring any tacs or sharp objects:evil: )
i know it is going to ba mega busy , parking etc . any ideas about where to watch from and parking etc

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
sleekitcollie said:
i,ve not entered this event ( mabey nxt year;) ) but had a thought of mabey coming up as a spectator ( promise not to bring any tacs or sharp objects:evil: )
i know it is going to ba mega busy , parking etc . any ideas about where to watch from and parking etc
Have a look at this - it's not very full but gives some ideas.

I've watched it at Weem, near Aberfeldy (easy to get to on open roads) ... or you could always go here

adscrim

Veteran
scoosh said:
Have a look at this - it's not very full but gives some ideas.

I've watched it at Weem, near Aberfeldy (easy to get to on open roads) ... or you could always go here

The Weem hotel has a wide selection of Ales (according to it's website) and some picnic tables out the front. I could think of worse places to spectate.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
In the event's first year, I stood and watched it from across the road from that hotel, then went in for a coffee later. Seemed a nice place and they were/are Etape friendly :becool:.

The only slight disadvantage is that the tables are up on a grassy knoll :smile: above the road, so you are not really 'down with it'.

adscrim

Veteran
I'm heading back to Weem immediately after I've finished and hoping to be back at the hotel in enough time to have a pint before my wife turns up and I join her for the last 15ish miles!

Top Bottom