European Championships

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Noodley

Some good games in the quarters. ;)

Noodley

Smokin Joe said:
I'm glad Russia won, they deserved it. Holland had peaked too soon and were unlikely to play so well all the way through.

Italy v Germany final.

Holland did not play well as a team tonight. Russia, from the off, looked the better team. They had an air of confidence about them.

Haitch

Flim Flormally
Yeah, Holland deserved to go out. Limp, listless and none of the form of the first three games.

So instead of one of the 'big' names winning the tournament what are the odds of one of the little fish repeating Greece's performance last time?

yello

Noodley said:
Holland did not play well as a team tonight. Russia, from the off, looked the better team. They had an air of confidence about them.

Agreed. I thought Russia got their tactics spot on; kept the pace up, didn't allow the Dutch to rest on the ball, always challenging the man in possession.... much like Holland did to Italy and France! Holland didn't play well because Russia didn't let them!

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Hiddink is a genius. The Russian team prior to his taking over was a group of talented by disparate indviduals. He's made it a team and got them to believe that they can do anything, just as he did with South Korea. Actually, the quality of the management is one of the really noticeable things about this tournament... and probably another reasons why England aren't there and don't deserve to be.

I have given up making predictions now - quite clearly Germany are still the Germany of this championship and the Netherlands are not going to win it. Spain remain the one team that appear to have broken their usual pattern, but that's probably put the kiss of death on their chances and not they will lose too!

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
Flying_Monkey said:
Hiddink is a genius.

if i was the head of the fa i would have moved heaven and earth to get him to take the england job. what he has achieved over his international career is nothing short of astonishing.

i reckon italy will see off spain in a dull display of catanaccio as usual tonight.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
It's not much of a game. Looking like penalties (well someone might score in stoppage or ET but I'm not hopeful).

Top Bottom